Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory + VM issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Env.: NW 7, SP16, under Windows 2003 server, Oracle 10G

Basically I need some Advised from you guys, our plaining to Move 4GB memory from PI-QA to PI-DEV system, network guy will do that, but my question is what setting I will do after that ? in SAP PI-QA server and PI-DEV server

do I have to change some profile paramater? please let me know

2nd Question: we will move our server in VM machine, someone told me after you create VM machine SAP license key will not working because that assiociate with MIC address, ? is that right ?

What should I do in VM machine... and what kind of setting for that ?

Thanks a lot in Advanced

Angeline

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no need to change anything only heap memory

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is a reason of reducing the memory of quality server & increase the developement server. ?

You have check whether you have made any memory parameter changes in abap & java of Quality system, if yes, then you have to work on that paramter with assumpition of actual memory - 4 GB.

g1. Paste in forum what memeoy parameter set in server node of java of quality system.( e. g heap memory )

2. How many Work process are there in Quality system

Regarding the License Key in VM :-

Hardware key is calculated on NIC MAC , pls refer the below link , which will help you for some extent.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From your post it is not clear how much memory will be there after adding 4GB and bit details like 32bit/64bit.

If it is 32 bit then you may want to look at /3GB in boot.ini. Check Note 441663 - USING > 3 GB of memory for Oracle on WINDOWS platforms

You may want to tune your SAP memory parameters including heap memory for Java stack etc.

For oracle, have a look at Note 1171650 - Automated Oracle DB parameter check

Swap memory at Operating system level (atleast 2 - 3 times of your RAM)

Hope this helps.

Manoj