cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO-VERSION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI BROTHERS

I AM USING APO-3.1, PLS TELL ANY MAJOR AND MINOR DIFFERNCES BETWEEN (3.1-ECC6.0)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is not clear.As you are using APO 3.1 and you want the comparison with ECC6.0. ECC6.0 is different system and APO3.1 is different system and both are connected through RFC and data transferred through CIF.

Can you please elaborate more on this.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

THANKS FOR REPLY , I AM LEARNING SAP-APO BY USING THE SYSTEM 3..1, SO MY QUESTION IS FOR LEARNING POINT OF VIEW IS THERE ANY DIFFERNCE BETWEEN 3.1 AND ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Broovikata,

Yes, there is a huge difference.

APO 3.1 is an earlier version of APO (Advanced Planning and Optimization). As you can surmise by the name, APO is generically a planning tool (although it does have some other functions). SAP decided to remarket this planning tool a few years ago to become a part of SCM (Supply Chain Management). Current version of SCM is, I believe, 7.0, Both APO and SCM are part of the software package called SAP Business Suite. Review http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/sbs/docu_sbs_scm_design.htm to give you some idea of the APO/SCM history.

ECC 6.0 is a different chunk of software altogether. It is one of the latest versions of SAP's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. It has grown out of SAP's original R/2 and R/3 packages. This software is a complete business suite, including modules for Finance, Controlling, Sales/Distribution, Materials management, Logistics, and many others. ECC 6.0 has a planning module called Production Planning, which contains a few of the functionalities of APO, but this is the only area where these two software packages are similar. Review http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/erp/index.htm, Start with the Central Component.

In a normal business environment, companies that use APO ALSO use one of the ERP packages, such as ECC 6.0. These two systems reside on separate servers, and are linked by a special interface created by SAP for just this purpose.

APO 3.1 is adequate for teaching you the basics of APO, even though it is an early version. If it is your intention to study APO, though, and to make a career servicing this software, you will very soon need to get access to a later version. I would say that you should locate a version no earlier than SCM 5.0, which is where APO 3.1 and the APO contained in SCM really begin to become different.

If it is your intention to learn about one of the ERP versions, such as ECC 6.0, then the APO 3.1 package will be of no use to you.

Good luck!

Regards,

DB49