cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define child node of a child node

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Please have a look at my scenario and then suggest me some useful so that i can solve my problem,

I have below 4 tables in backend

1. Header Table

2 .Header Text table --- Child of Header Table

3. Header Item -

Child of Header Table

4. Header Item text --- Child of Header Item table

and in DOE i want to maintain the same hierarchy as above, i heard that DOE supports this kind of structuring.

Now i want to Create Data Object in DOE by importing BAPI Wrapper as Data Object , here comes the problem that how to create my BAPI in such a way so that i can get the hierarchical structure of nodes in my DOE after importing the BAPI.

Can you please suggest me something.Please let me know in case you want more inputs from my side.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your GetList will return only a table of ROOT node rows (and the BAPIRET2).

The GetDetail will return one row of ROOT node (as a structure) and the three child nodes as tables, and the BAPIRET2.

The hierarchy will be asked by DOE during Import of BAPI Wrappers to create a DO. So that will be taken care of at that time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean is, the information of hierarchy is not possible to give in the BAPI Wrapper itself. You will have to give this information during import of the BAPI Wrapper to create the DO.

Edited by: Arjun Shankar on Oct 16, 2009 1:32 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

When you import the BAPI wrapper as DO or when you use BAPI wrapper wizard, you get an option to define/change the hierarchy.

Ex: If you have Root-- Child1 and Child2, by default the wizard shows as below.

Node: Child1 Parent: Root

Node: Child2 Parent: Root

You can change the the parent to change the hierarchy as below.

Node: Child1 Parent: Root

Node: Child2 Parent: Child1.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, we know that creating a DO by importing the Wrapper is the easy way, but why do you not create the DO manually and import the BADI and setup the connections manually.

In that case you can create your BADI as you already know that and do the connection to its single items afterwards and so it is up to you to define a 3 layer model.

In my understanding that is the fastest solution.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver