cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChekBox inside a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a webdynpro table and a column with the CheckBox.

I am getting boolean values from the backed system, if the boolean value is true then i have to set the chek box selected (that is right mark) and if the boolean values is false then i have to set the check box with cross mark (X). Please advice me how to do that...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unselected check-box visualized with a cross mark? What is this good for except for confusing the user?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

The boolean values of coming from backend...(to show that whether the document (some document) was useful or not) So in my case...if the document was useful then I am getting boolean value TRUE else FALSE. And In WebDynpro I would like to display with the right mark if it is true else i would like to display with cross mark...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, in that case you could use an Image or Caption UI element showing different icons depending on the boolean value. A calculated context attribute could be used.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Armin suggested, you can use the icons with the caption as one of the cell editors.

I can suggest you the following R3 icons for okay and cancel

Use the image source to be ~sapicons/s_b_okay.gif for OK and for cancel use ~sapicons/s_b_canc.gif

Check this link for using icons in WD java

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/stage/DisplaySAPIconsinwebdynpro+java

Former Member
0 Kudos

The use of these R/3 icons is not recommended because their sizes do not fit with some WD UI elements, for example in a button these icons don't look good. Newer WD releases provide a set of recommended icons and pictograms and the IDE offers a dialog for selecting them from the file system. There exists also a new API for typesafe access of the new icons.

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a table with cell editor as check box , important is bind it through local node(same as model node) not to model node.In some action copy the value from model node to local node like

WdcomponentService.CopyNode(SourceNode,DestnationNode)

Further have a look on similar threads

1. [how to bind dynamic checkbox to a table |;

2. [Interactive checkbox possible inside table cell|;

Best Regards

Satish Kumar