Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager for Implementation project

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know how we should use solution manager for an implementation project. I am aware about the ASAP methods and the transactions in solman system for each phase. I have starting trouble like how to and where to start with? My ECC systems are not yet installed. Still we can go ahead with Blueprint creation and definition of roadmaps etc. Currently, it is done on paper. If anybody has done an implementation project through solution manager, could you please give me some hints how to start ? I repeat I am aware of the transactions but dont know what to add there in solar01/02 when the process are not defined/system not installed. Please guide me.

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I don understand.

Are you asking for the procedure to start with? On how to create the Business Process ?

Chk out these links.

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700002006042008E/HowTo_Impl_Bus_Proc.pdf

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700006935382005E.sim

Am sorry, if am wrong....

Thnx,

Waseem.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Waseem,

Thanks for the response.

As I said, I am aware about the technical aspects of the requirement. Let me explain once again.

In my system landscape, only solution manager system is installed. Before starting with the implementation project (which is the implementation of ECC systems and doing the function parts related with that), we need create the road maps and blue prints related with the project. Generally what will be the starting point to do with it?

Is it like

a) Add the systems to SMSY and mention them as Planned?

b) Create a Solution based on that.

c) Create a project and add a implementation road map to it from solar_project_admin?

d) Add some dummy scenarios to the project and later change them when the actual business scenarios are defined?

I hope I am able to express some part of my view. If you have done any project implementation using Solman, please tell me how did you start. This will give me an idea to start with an implementation project.

Regards,

Rajeev

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The confusion was in between the installation and implementation. The required systems has to be installed before you proceed with the implementatino of SAP. You will be defining the process and landscape through your solman, not the installation part.

correct me if I am wrong.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You're correct; you can start building the Business Blueprint without SMSY having all the systems that are 'to-be'. As long as you enter logical components in the project landscape with the correct product versions, you can replace those with the actual components once they have been installed. The BPR needs those product versions in the blueprint when you load the relevant scenario's. Once loaded, you can start documenting the scenario's, place the processes and process steps not used out of scope or delete them entirely and define custom scenario's, processes and process steps.

When the Blueprint has been completed with relevant design documentation, the Configuration transaction can be used to document how you actually configure the systems and, of course, to configure them from Solution Manager. The system landscape officially has to be definitive at the end of the Blueprint phase, unless you won't be configuring the systems centrally from Solution Manager.

The Solution is actually not necessary for a clean implementation; the Project will eventually lead to the solution. Once the systems are all configured and documented in SSM, you create the Solution and upload the project documentation into it in the Solution Directory.

Let us know how you get on!

Kind regards,

Patrick

Answers (0)