cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate PS budget for PM order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i'm a new bee on PS module. The system won't prompt for budget checking when i create pm work order, though i've performed the following setting :

1) created project and WBS element via CJ20N

2) activate the availability check

3) set the tolerance limit via spro

4) set the budget to 100 via CJ30

Please help.

million thanks in advance.

rachel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. The availability control is now activated in my system (WBS status : budg, avac), but the weird thing is the system prompted error message ( "Order xxxxxx budget exceeded. Message no. BP601. Diagnosis : Payment budget for WBS element XXXX-XXXX-XXXX on Order xxxxxx been exceeded by 196.75) when i tried to save the pm order, though i still have enough budget for it. Please refer to the following data from CJ30 (planned total : 196.45 doesn't exceed current budget 300 for period : 2010)

period budget current budget distributable planned total release

overall 600 600 600 196.45

2009 300 300 300

2010 300 300 300 196.45

( the distributed column is empty)

Kindly throw some light on this issue.

regards,

rachel

Edited by: rachel rachel on Oct 21, 2009 4:53 AM

Edited by: rachel rachel on Oct 21, 2009 5:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the release column also empty?

If it is then you should check the Release indicator on your budget profile setting (OPS9)

If the release column is set then you have to release the budget to your project (CJ32)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, the following data is appeared in additional data tab page of PM order.

WBS element : XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

project definition : ZPMXX/XXXX

subnetwork : <empty>

Please advise.

Thanks

rachel

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai has correctly pointed out, APPSPM is your project specific terminology, Experts has pointed out all the prerequisite for the budget availability controls. Make sure once again with following check.

1. Correct assignment of Budget bearing WBS to your PM order, T code OPSV settings, Tolerance limit settings, Exempts cost element settings.

2. What is system status on your Budget bearing ( WBS assigned to your order ) it should have BUDG & AVAC system status. If same is not there than availability control is still not active on your WBS. than chekc your Budget profile, you have activate availability control against overall / annual budget or overall release / annual release budget.

Revert back with your observations.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please advise how can i define / chech exempts cost element settings

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check this post

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3231635

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

thanks for your reply.

The WBSE were filled by the system automatically when i performed APPSPM, which mean, the PM order and WBSE should be linked in my case. and the appended plan update and assign fund in plan checkbox was ticked for category 30 (maitenance order) via OPSV. Besides, I've maintained the budget as 100 for period 2009 and 2010, but the system didn't prompt any error/warning message though the total plan cost in my PM order is excess 100.

Please help.

rachel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not understand APPSPM ? Kindly check in additional data tab page of PM order.....whether WBSE is ppearing or not.

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked your configuration in Customizing "Define Order Value Updating for Orders for Projects" (OPSV) ???

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the PM order , in additional Data tab , key in the budgeted WBSE. By this way PM order and WBSE are linked.

You can also create a network under the WBSE and Key in the same in Subnetwork / Opp field of PM order. By this way, PM order is created as sub network to the project network. The advantage here is , when ever project is scheduled , PM order start and finish dates also get updated accordingly.

Thanks

Saikishore.Ganga