Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all hello,

We have a local installation on Windows server 2003 SP2. The clients have Windows Vista SP2 and some have XP.

When we configure SSO with Microsoft LAN Manager SSP(following the installation guide) the SNC gets activated and the SSO is successfull in the clients that use XP.

On the clients with Vista we have errors when selecting the system to log in.

When installing the SSO with Microsoft Kerberos SSP (following the installation guide again) the instace starts and after a while it stops.

Does somebody have any idea or might help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the system log my computer --> right click --> manage --> event viewer

You will come to know on the errors. Does the kerbores level on windows xp machine and vista machine are same?

Regards,

Gowrinadh C

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the system log my computer --> right click --> manage --> event viewer

You will come to know on the errors. Does the kerbores level on windows xp machine and vista machine are same?

Regards,

Gowrinadh C

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> When installing the SSO with Microsoft Kerberos SSP (following the installation guide again) the instace starts and after a while it stops.

>

Hi George,

We had activated SSO with Microsoft Kerberos SSP and had faced the same error. The instance would stop after a while. We checked the workprocess log (dev_w0) and it had an error of missing Service principal Name for SAPService<SID> in the domain. We followed note : 352295, which lists how to resolve this error.

Check if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guys hello,

So we solved the issue.

We did change the installation from local to domain (by creating the group and relevant users to the domain).

We also did the SPN and now the SNC is working fine.

Thank you vwry much for your replies and help.

Best regards.