Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during creating the shadow system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Support,

I am updating the ECC system to EHP4 .

We are having error in the RUN_RSVWSCPY phase (Shadow system Installation)

In one of the phases RUN_RSVWSCPY , it runs a job in the source system (i.e RPD)

Job Name :RSUG_COPY_SHD_VIEWS

This Job is cancelling with UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION

In the ST22 , it gives me ORA error

i.e ORA -01017 : invalid usename /password ;login denied.

When i checked the dev_w0 of the source system , i found the following error

B Connect to UPGSHD as SAPR3SHD with RPD

C Client NLS settings:

C Connecting as SAPR3SHD/<pwd>@RPD on connection 1 (nls_hdl 0) ... (dbsl 700 030508)

C Nls CharacterSet NationalCharSet C EnvHp ErrHp ErrHpBatch

C 0 UTF8 1 0x113c62ff0 0x113c7b528 0x113c7add8

C Starting user session (con_hdl=1,svchp=0x1150708e8,srvhp=0x113c7f3a8,usrhp=0x115070278)

C *** ERROR => OCI-call 'OCISessionBegin' failed with rc=1017

http://dboci.c 4532

C *** ERROR => CONNECT failed with sql error '1017'

http://dbsloci.c 11145

B ***LOG BY2=> sql error 1017 performing CON dbds#1 @ 1044 dbds 1044

B ***LOG BY0=> ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied dbds#1 @ 1044 dbds 1044

B ***LOG BY1=> sql error 1017 dbacds#2 @ 1433 dbacds 1433

A TH VERBOSE LEVEL FULL

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

ALTER USER SAPR3SHD IDENTIFIED BY admin4rpd.

SQL> update SAP<SCHEMA>.DBCON set PASSWORD='<pwd>' where CON_NAME='UPGSHD';

Never try to update or change password directly from sqlplus

when you change the password of scheme from sqlplus , the new password is not get populated in SAPUSER table.

So use brtools to change the password, also you can usae brconnect command.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/4f/c3883989676778e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Thanks

Anil

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Oct 23, 2009 12:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I just had the same problem. I changed the password using sqlplus. However this didnt work because as corrrectly pointed out r3trans connects to the database to retreive the password. So I changed it again using brtools...this worked find

Best Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is normally caused by the fact that the shadow schema user SAPR3SHD still exists from a previous upgrade and has a password different from the default. The obvious action is to set the password (ALTER USER SAPR3SHD IDENTIFIED BY SAP).

Based on earlier experience I must warn you however that you might be in for some trouble, because this situation sometimes seems to lead to the shadow repository being incomplete. I ran into this a long time ago (with an upgrade to ECC 5) and was then able to work my way out. Recently however a consultant I know had the same thing with an EHP4 upgrade and had to restart from the beginning. I don't want to frighten you needlessly, but I guess it's better to be warned. If after restarting the upgrade you get errors like "Table SVERS does not exist", then you're in the s...

In your next upgrades it is mandatory that before startig the upgrade you either drop the old shadow schema completely or at least reset the password to "SAP".

Good luck,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the reply , but i just changed the password to something else than SAP .I changed to admin4rpd.

ALTER USER SAPR3SHD IDENTIFIED BY admin4rpd.

Will this work?

Regards

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony,

No, I don't think this will work. R3trans uses the normal connection logic, i.e. if the password is non-default then it will look into the OPS$<sidadm>.SAPUSER table for a password entry. This is the same logic the work processes use to connect to the DB. Why not set the default password?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option is to update table SAP<SCHEMA>.DBCON entry called UPGSHD with known password of SAP<SCHEMA>SHD.

SQL> update SAP<SCHEMA>.DBCON set PASSWORD='<pwd>' where CON_NAME='UPGSHD';