cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SAP NetWeaver J2EE stack (7.10) supports deploying War directly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts,

I just installed the preview version of NW 7.10 J2EE stack. I wonder if this version supports deploying WAR file directly by deploytool instead of packaging it in EAR. I tried it using deploy.bat but it failed. The error messsages in trace file are irrelevant and misleading.

Thanks in advance

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I meant the preview version of new J2EE stack.

First I wonder if there is a simple tool in this package like DeployTool in Web AS Java 6.40 so that we don't need full-blown IDE like NWDS to deploy war or ear file.

I can import WAR file in NWDS and it automatically creates a new project under Dynamic Web Projects in Project Explorer. I run Validation tool and it tells me everything is fine. But when I try to run it on server, error message is "Cound not find a client that is able to launch the selection". Do I miss something?

Thanks again

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

sorry for the late reply.

Well, as I already said, the Deploy View is the tool you need. Although it's in the NWDS, it works in kind of "standalone" fashion. What I mean is that you don't need to import the WAR's content as NWDS project. Instead, you can just use the "Import EAR" button of the Deploy View, import your WAR file residing anywhere on your file system and then simply deploy it on the server.

Here's an outline of the procedure:

1. Start NWDS.

2. From the menu, open Window -> Show View -> Other -> Deploy View -> Deploy View.

3. Open the Deploy View window and press the Import EAR button.

4. Locate your archive for deployment.

5. Add it to the list of archives for deployment and press the deploy button.

Hope that helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ivaylo,

Thank you very much for the detailed solution for my questions. I am sure that in the official release of Web AS Java 7.0 a DeployTool-alike executable will be included.

I successfully deployed the WAR file according to your instructions and it runs smoothly. It is great that this preview version is J2EE 1.4 certified and supports J2SE 5.0. Moreover it fixed many weird bugs in 6.40.

Thanks again

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you mean the J2EE preview available for download behind this link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/da699d27-0b01-0010-99b0-f11458f31ef2

If yes, then the answer to your question is also YES. You should use the successor of the SDM - a tool called Deploy View. With it, you can load standalone WAR files and deploy them. The Deploy View is accessible from the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio included in the same installation package. Under the Welcome page of the Developer Studio you can find a complete guide on deploying apps with the Deploy View.

Hope that helps!