cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Agents - sapccmsr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read some of the existing threads on here about CCMS agents but it seems it does not answer some of my questions. I am setting up ccms system monitoring using SolMan, as the CEN. So far i have used sapccm4x to monitor our standalone ABAP systems and i have used sapccmsr to monitor our double stack systems (ABAP/Java). Now from what i can analyse on the system, it seems double stack systems have 2 profile files, one for ABAP instance and one for Java instance both, which have different instance numbers. Now if i start sapccmsr with the option -j2ee using the ABAP instance profile it says it cannot start becuase -j2ee is for java instance not ABAP, so that i can understand. If i wanted to use sapccmsr to monitor the java instance i could use the java instance profile but with the option -j2ee or alternatively i could go into the Visual Administrator and setup sapcmmsr there...correct??

I have also used ccmsping for availability monitoring all ABAP instances and used GRMG heartbeat availability monitoring for Java instance in visual admin.

Other thing that puzzled me was that to centrally check all systems we use the RZ20 in CEN to check threshold levels, which we need to set?

I would use DSWP txn -> Solution Monitoring for setup the thresholds on user defined entries.

thanks,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To answer your question--

1. If i wanted to use sapccmsr to monitor the java instance i could use the java instance profile but with the option -j2ee or alternatively i could go into the Visual Administrator and setup sapcmmsr there...correct??

For java stack, you need to use correct command for registering SAPCCMSR, with -j2ee option and with correct java profile, once it is registered, you need to have correct settings define in Visual Admin also.

2. Other thing that puzzled me was that to centrally check all systems we use the RZ20 in CEN to check threshold levels, which we need to set?

I would use DSWP txn -> Solution Monitoring for setup the thresholds on user defined entries

Any one option you can use above, ideally RZ20 was used along with appropriate threshold values, but now we can also make use of DSWP, for satellite system configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply, very much appreciated

I had a look at the list of alerts we could monitor and it seems there is nothing for monitoring tablespace critical segments. Can this be done using ccms agents/RZ20?

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

For monitoring Tablespaces, i think you need to write some Internal scripts, at database level, as from RZ20, it is difficult (not possible) to do it.

Answers (0)