0 Kudos

Hi,

Whiles loading flat files with "Additive Delta"

following describes the scenario:

Suppose there is flat file containing data:

Order: 720

Part: M-01

Quantity: 10

I will initialize delta selecting "Additive Delta" Option in infosource transfer structure and create ODS with these fields and create update rules and then load infopackage with initialize delta option and load the data.

Now i will change the flat file as every thing same as above but "Quantity will be changed to 8".

then with delta options i load data and no doubt i got the changed ones only...

But According to additive delta concept it is like this : first initialize with delta taking the old file and later load with delta with the another file taking quantity as -2 (so that it results like:+10-2=8).

How to achieve this ? is it possible?

instead of loading with 8 i will load it with -2...will it reflect and give me 8? (+10-2=8???)

Thanks & Regards,

Vijaya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Please load the data to your ODS first and then to the cube.

Well,you will have to set the option in the transfer structure(the infosource which you link to your ODS).

I have done this long back and I think the changed values will automatically be added to ur cube...may be like this

Order no.. qty

2001 10

2002 20

thats the first of the loads.supposing the ODS is set to overwrite mode.

lets saY the next load looks like this..

Order no.. qty

2001 5

2002 20

The ods' active data table will look like this...

Order no.. qty

2001 5

2002 20

and after the first and second load to the cube the data will be..

Order no.. qty

2001 10

2002 20

2001 -5

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Marc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I tried this with Additive option.

First i loaded ODS with init with data transfer say for example say quantity as 10 then i want to change it to

-5 so i loaded delta with -5 now i got -5 and the effect in change log i can see as:

10(new image)

-10(before image)

-5(after image)

as u said in the second load load into cube,

i loaded into cube selecting data target as Cube only.

when i loaded i got the cube cintents as:

but not 5 as per the definition of additive as it has to do +10-5=5?automatic addition.

Plz provide me the solution if u have any idea n this???

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwesh,

Link which you have given nothing mentioned how to implement this ...But in tab 340 it is mentioned that if ODS is made Additive then it is possible, But i am not getting the Additive option in ODS when i do update rules.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

It is there in the link I have sent.

The additive delta option has to be set in the transfer rules maintenance.

I am pasting the relevant text from the link I sent.

-

-

You have to select a suitable update mode in transfer structure maintenance so that the system uses the correct update type.

· Full upload (ODS Object, InfoCube, InfoObject)

The DataSource does not support delta updates. With this procedure, a file is always copied in its entirety. You can use this procedure for ODS objects, InfoCubes and also InfoObjects.

· Latest status of changed records (ODS objects only)

The DataSource supports both full updates and delta updates. Every record to be loaded defines the new status for all key figures and characteristics. This procedure should only be used when you load into ODS objects.

· Additive delta (ODS object and InfoCube)

The DataSource supports both full updates and additive delta updates. The record to be loaded only provides the change in the key figure for key figures that can be added. You can use this procedure for ODS objects and for InfoCubes.

-

-

-

-

Example of loading flat files:

The customer orders 100001 and 100002 are transferred to BW with a delta initialization.

Delta initialization:

Document No.

Document Item

Order Quantity

Unit of Measure

Pieces

Pieces

Kg

After delta initialization, the order quantity of the first item in customer order 100001 is reduced by 10% and the order quantity of the second item increased by 10%. There are then two options for the file upload of the delta in an ODS Object.

1. Option: Delta process shows the latest status for modified records (applies to ODS Object only):

Document No.

Document Item

Order Quantity

Unit of Measure

Pieces

Pieces

CSV file:

100001;10;...;180;PCS;...

100001;20;...;165;PCS;...

Option: Delta process shows the additive delta

(applies only to InfoCube/ODS object):

Document No.
Document Item
Order Quantity
Unit of Measure

Pieces

Pieces

CSV file:

100001;10;...;

;PCS;...

100001;20;...;

+15

;PCS;...

-

-

regards,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going by detailed information in below thread..

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/e537373aedaf43e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm</b>

I would say that answer to last line of your question is 'Yes'.You put -2 in the CSV file and system will change 10 to 8(correctly) in the ODS.

cheers,

Vishvesh