cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice reinvoked automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have the following problem. On a session bean, i have a business method for creating deals in R/3. The method gets an xml string as input. That string is than parsed to deals and those are created in R/3. all this happens in a container transaction.

createDeals( String xml ) --> transaction attribute REQUIRED
{
   for every deal.
   {     createSingleDeal( deal ) --> transaction attribute REQUIRES NEW
   }
}

For this createDeals(String xml) method, i created a webservice. This webservice is than called from a BEA Weblogic server.

Everything works fine, unless the number of deals that have to be processed are around 1500. What happens then, is the bea weblogic calls the webservice one time (as it is supposed to), but the business method behind the webservice, is called again and again in the following way.

BEA Weblogic calls WS --> WS on SAP executes business method --> after around 17 minuts, the business method is called again --> then after 17 minutes, the business method is called again --> .....

This behavior ( calling the business method automatically) continues until the initial call to the business method is done.

Does anyone have an explanation for this behavior. It's a big problem, because our deals are created 7 times instead of just one.

There is no exception thrown whatsoever.

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed, not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like time out and secure transfer coming into the game here... You have configured something like guranteed delivery?

Is this starting when your web service processing takes more the the 17 Minutes? So you place first call, it runs for 17+ minutes and then next is triggred?

Just a guess... But you may look into that direction.