cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programmically creating a new user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I've searched for this, so if it has come up before, I apologise.

Is there a Java API I can use for creating a new user in SAP AS Java?

Regards,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

indeed there is a very good Java API for creating users on the AS Java. You can find the javadocs here:[UME Javadocs NetWeaver 7.0|http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nw04s/current/se/overview-tree.html]

Also, you can find a lot of examples on the internet how to use this API.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin. Your reply contained the keywords I needed to locate examples on the internet. One such example mentioned a security_api.jar that I needed to locate in my server instance. After some searching I found a ume_api.jar with classes I need, but in a completely different location. I assume that is what I should use as a library. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

I am running SAP Netweaver PI 7.1 EHP1 as a dev server and SAP EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The location of the file changed from 7.0 to 7.1, but this should be the correct file.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The SAP Provisioning Framework bring you all you need to create users in AS Java.

Yout get AS Java (LDAP) and AS Java (Database)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Could you be more specific, please? Is there a documentation like I can go look at? I tried to search based on the information in your reply, but I haven't had any luck.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Thanks for your reply. Could you be more specific, please? Is there a documentation like I can go look at? I tried to search based on the information in your reply, but I haven't had any luck.

For example, if you have connected your Portal to IdM create a job that creates user (MX_PERSON) in toIdentityStore-pass and assigns a Portal privilege / technical role to it, something harmless like eu_role (depending your overall Portal-configuration which is harmless..). SAP Provisioning Framework creates the user in Portal as soon as it has a Portal-privilege.

If you're using SQL Server your toIdentityStore-pass could have something like this n-number of dummy SQL in source:

SELECT "Pasi" MX_FIRSTNAME, "Kuikka" MX_LASTNAME, "pkuikka" MSKEYVALUE

UNION

SELECT "Göran" MX_FIRSTNAME, "Perssson" MX_LASTNAME, "gpersson" MSKEYVALUE

Map the fields "normally" in destination tab and you're done with no coding.

If you want to have the users somewhere else than in dummy SQL source or user data is more complicated, create for example CSV-file containing the users, read it into temp table and read the temp table contents in the source of that toIdentityStore pass. Again few minutes of configuring IdM passes and no coding.. The power and agility of the passes is what I love in IdM