cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception on execution of WS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a WSDL which is working fine in WS Navigator, but if I import it as model in WD JAVA and apply the template on component controller to read the service and execute the method of that service, I am getting a run time error. Error that I am getting is as follows

Exception on execution of web service on destination 'WD_Icat_ApplicationManager_Dest' for operation 'getScenarioDetail' in interface 'ScenarioManager'

My destination is also working fine as I can test the service in WS Navigator using this destination with correct output.

Please suggest some solution.

Regards

Pranav

PS: Log i am getting states

com.sap.esi.esp.service.server.query.discovery.ExtendedServiceException: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.query.exceptions.ObjectNotExistsException: ScenarioManager using destination : WD_Icat_ApplicationManager_Dest

at com.sap.esi.esp.service.server.query.discovery.DestinationsHelperImplSoa.getEndpointConfigurations(DestinationsHelperImplSoa.java:1459)

at com.sap.esi.esp.service.server.query.discovery.DestinationsHelperImplSoa.getWSDLUrl(DestinationsHelperImplSoa.java:1025)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.GenericServiceFactory.getWSDLUrl(GenericServiceFactory.java:578)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.GenericServiceFactory.createService_NewInstance(GenericServiceFactory.java:404)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.GenericServiceFactory.createService(GenericServiceFactory.java:252)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.GenericServiceFactory.createService(GenericServiceFactory.java:217)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot for your replies. On drilling further into the exception I found out that main cause of exception was

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.lang.String:null incompatible with interface com.sap.tc.cmi.model.ICMIModelClass:library:com.sap.tc.cmicom.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader193a6a5alive

This exception was coming because web service had a element of type u201CAnyTypeu201D and u201CAnyTypeu201D is incompatible with WD JAVA in CE7.1.1. In case you people come across same type of error in future please refer SAP Note 1387358.

Regards

Pranav

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain destination for that webservice like : 'WD_Icat_ApplicationManager_Des'

Go to NWA under infrastructure tab select Destination and define the property for that.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am working on CE7.1.1. I had created a destination in Destination Template under SOA manager. I can successfully ping my destination and I can test the Webservice using that destination in WS Navigator with correct output. I am wondering why in error log it is displaying ObjectNotFoundException for this 'http://services.pwb.icatalytics.infosys.com/}ScenarioManager' interface.

Any solution you can suggest?

Regards

Pranav

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Whatever destination template you maintained under SOA manager have u change it in webdynpro model also by reimport option ?

BR

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Satish.

Yes i have all these things but still i am getting exception.

This is the error trace I am getting

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException: Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Parameter set failure. The runtime was not able to set some result parameter value. See nested exception for details.)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.deserializeResponse(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1621)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.readSOAPResponseMessage(SOAPTransportBinding.java:278)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call_SOAP(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1120)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.callWOLogging(SOAPTransportBinding.java:779)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call(SOAPTransportBinding.java:746)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.DInterfaceInvokerImpl.invokeOperation(DInterfaceInvokerImpl.java:76)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.model.WSGenericModelClassExecutable.execute(WSGenericModelClassExecutable.java:73)

... 69 more

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException: Parameter set failure. The runtime was not able to set some result parameter value. See nested exception for details.

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.deserializeParameter(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1941)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.deserializeResponse(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1544)

... 75 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.lang.String:null incompatible with interface com.sap.tc.cmi.model.ICMIModelClass:library:com.sap.tc.cmi com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader 193a6a5 alive

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.model.WSGenericModelClass.setRelatedObjectsForName(WSGenericModelClass.java:209)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.model.WSGenericModelClass._setField(WSGenericModelClass.java:64)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.gci.WSTypedModelClass._setField(WSTypedModelClass.java:141)

at

If some one has faced similar issue please help me resovle this one.

Regards

Pranav

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer SAP Note Number: 1241678 for ResourceMultiParentClassLoader Exception.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Check this thread it resembles the same problem which you are getting.

Read the below point clearly in the above thread

Hello, I am invoking a web service using a web dynpro interface using a model object It works well with other service interface. The problem here is that the answer don t fit the xml schema of the wsdl. For the FileVariant sub node from the answer, the ID attribute should be minimum 1 char of length but it returns an empty value. So I have an error (see stack) Is there a way to tell the execute() method to don t check the integrity of the ws answer ? Or a workaround like set a dummy value instead to fit the schema. Regards, Quentin Type is but the answer value is null...

You might be getting this error due to some problem in the out put of the webservice.

Check wether any parameter that is returning in the output of the webservice is null or empty.

Hope this helps you..

Regards,

Saleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rohit. Will this note work for Web services as well? as i can see that this note is for Stateful Java Bean.

Regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem,

Do i need to change the WSDL file to resovle the issue?? But thing is that i am not sure which part to change.

Regards

Pranav