cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg STMS issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done ECC 6.0 installation on ABAP+JAVA on windows/oracle on local installation.

now we are unable to transport from DEV to QAS,the transports are in local change still the transports are not released .

can someone guide to solve this issue.

Thanks !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupendranath,

Chk whether the Client setting are restricted (or) allowed if it is allowed

Go to STMS/overview/transportroots

Chk whether ur allingment of the systems are in proper direction (or) not.

Chk in se01 and chk the perticular TR is marked with Tick mark (or) not if so go to STMS/click the Lory Icon and chk in DEV whether the TR is there (or) not if stil it is ther go to QAS and add the TR manually into the QAS system.

There are so many conserns regarding to STMS so try to post ur query more elobratelly.

Prashanth.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but i am unable to transport sample change request to quality.

Is this requst is workbecn or customzing.

Can you check , what is the Target system shows for the reqeust which you are trying to transport.

Was that request already realased ?

Do the activity as i mentioned earlier only fot those request which are not in realse state ( i.e mean request should be in madifiable tage ) after making the changes relase the request.

If the local request is already in relase state , then

you have to manually merge the the relase local request in new request .

check the target system of new request , if it is balank then chnage it to transportable as i mention in earlier reply.

then release the requets , check whether it is getting populated in quality system stms.

Also ask your abaper what pacakge name they have created .

Any doubt , pls reply.

Thanks

Anil

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Oct 19, 2009 10:45 AM

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't require Different Zpacakge all module.

one package is enough

As you said you development has been started , it mean already you developer has done that acitivity.

Second how to move you request from local change to transport table.

goto se09 , take any 1 of the request from que, double click on that.

You will get new window , on that new window you will get 3 tab properties , objects & Documentation.

Click on properties tab , first change mode from display to change.

in property tab , you will get tab as TARGET , where in front tab there is a column whih will be empty.

Click on that empty tab and press F4, you will get new windowlet the radio button on TARGET SYSTEM & click F4 again,

you will get the list of system i.e in you scenario you will get DEV & Qty, select Qty in that & click on save.

Once all above excise done. now try to relase your request , now your request should get populated on quality system buffer i.e you can veiw in stms in qty system

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but i am unable to transport sample change request to quality.

is there any steps to be done.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from SE01 create a "Trnasport of Copies".. with a target system name ( may be your quality).

Once you have created the request .."Include object" ( Open Box sign)--> in the next dialog box.. "Include Object from other requests"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the transports are in local change still the transports are not released

It Seems that the requests you have created are stored in TEMP$ Package i.e locally & the local requests are not transportable.

You have to create an Z Package & save the request under it. Lets assume for ABAP request create the package ZDEV.

& save your requests to this package then you can release & transport it.

You can create the packages in SE80.

Thanks,

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambo,

I have completed Development ad Quality,i given development as domain and added systems in domain ,then i activated and distributed.

When i create one sample change request and released the request in development and thought of transporting to quality,but ths is not happening.

As of now from HR,MM,Fi 15 change request have been created in each module ,when i checked in SE09 i found all are in local change.

So hope you got the stage where i am now.

Now my question is how to create package in se80 and how to transfer the local request to the particular package ,do i need to create package for each module?

but what about my sample change request it is unable to get transported.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks!!

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean transport are "Local Change Request"? Do they have any target system ?

what is the error you are getting during releasing those transports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please be more specific while writing post in SDN.We are not clear what exactly you want to do.

We hope you have installed two ECC system one is DEV & another is QUA.

If you have configured local transport domain then you wont be able to transport between these two systems because first prerequisite to be able to trnasport is that both system should be on same transport domian.

Your first task should be to add both systems in same transport domain.Then you have to make a common transport directory.After this you need to maintain tranport route.

Hope this will help you our to understand the issue.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupendranath,

which system you have installed ? DEV,QAS...?

If you are doing any transport from newly installed system ,then you have to first configure the Transport management system.

Let us know in detail, what you are facing ?

Thanks

R.