Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro integration with Bar Code Scanner/RFID Components

former_member317731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement if standard browser (Laptop) can have barcode scanner/RFID components Web DynPro integration.

is it possible? If yes, please help.

Thanks and best regards,

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member317731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Henrik,

I dont know how you have achieved this and I am intersted to know abt this. Please do me a favor to tell the stepsor refer any

tutorial which shows any example on the topic.

Thanks and Best Rgds,

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For webdynpro.

Place the cursor in your inputfield:

Method (standard) WDDOMODIFYVIEW of your view

*Data declarations for VIEW
  data: lv_v_elem type ref to if_wd_view_element
    lv_v_elem = view->get_element( 'YOURFIELD' ).
  if lv_v_elem is bound.
    view->request_focus_on_view_elem( lv_v_elem ).
  endif.

Handle ENTER of your input-field.

In layout of your view - select your inputfield - in properties you have Events onENTER - Here you can create an event that respond to your ENTER command.

Within your method...

Get the value from your inputfield (the data that was scanned)

lo_el_context = wd_context->get_element(  ).

* get single attribute
  lo_el_context->get_attribute(
    EXPORTING
      name =  `YOURFIELD`
    IMPORTING
      value = lv_yourvariable ).

Insert the code you need to handle your scanned id...

Set data of your inputfield to space...so you can scan again...

lo_el_context->set_attribute(
    EXPORTING
      value = ''
      name =  'YOURFIELD' ) .

Hope this helps...

BR

Henrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I have seen your thread on SDN regarding reagarding usage of BARCODE SCANNER and fetch data on webdynpro ABAP. I am very sorry to give you trouble but if you can help me out with the same scenario I have.

Scenario: I have Table Control having 3 column on webdynpro ABAP . When i will scan the product,

material code should be in first column,

material description should come on 2nd column and

3rd column will have quantity which i need to enter manually.

so by reading your thread i can understand that in WDDOMODIFYVIEW , i have to set the cursor on input field of the table first of all. and than on input field of the table i have to create ONENTER event handler method where i have to get the value which is being scanned( in my case it would be barcode which is being scanned ) and proccess it into database and fetch relevant material code and than set the same input field with that code if i m not wrong.

But now my question is how to attach barcode with perticular material code in SAP ? and I heard its something EAN field in material master but i m not getting it how.?

Second thing do we need any more configuration to make this scanning functionality worked or its job of barcode vendor or something else?

Please Please let me help in this scenario. I will be grateful if you can help me.

Thanks,

Saurin Shah

former_member317731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Henrick.

Thanks for the information.

Could you please explain or refer nay tutorial to achieve this in ABAp Web Dynpro.

Best regards,

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The only thing I did in Webdynpro was to make sure that the cursor stays in my input-field AND to have an action-event when pressing ENTER on the input field.

So when I start the web-application...cursor is positioned...and then I scan the barcode....this is entered in the my web app..

Then I beliave you need a specific application for Your scanner-product. In my product I can configure it to send and ENTER after each scanned code (this is good since I have an ON-ENTER action in my web dynpro)

Br

Henrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes this should be possible.

I have a reader connected via usb.

A Twedge-app then convert the read ID/barcode into keystrokes+autoENTER that is entered into an inputfield in your webdynpro.In webdynpro you than can handle event ON-ENTER and append to ALV-table or anything you wish.

Best reg

Henrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this if it helps :