cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh IDOC structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have extended std IDOC in source SAP system. Now how to refresh this new structure in XI.

as I still see the old structure and I want to keep all the existing mapping do not want to refresh everything...

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
as I still see the old structure and I *want to keep all the existing mapping do not want to refresh everything* 

both of them seem not possible at the same time!

If the IDOC structure is changed in such a way that more child nodes are added at the end (i.e. after the existing nodes) under a parent node then mapping wont be affected.

If child nodes are added in-between the existing nodes then the mapping will be lost....nothing can be done in this case.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added one custom segment Z1EDP1 under the E1EDP01 for ORDERS05 IDOC type.

Now, Orders05 is already being used in the existing interface.

Now I am trying to use these additional fields in Z1EDP1 in existing mapping but to new target fields.

I tried tp import the new IDOC structure - there it gives me 2 options of ORDCHG.ORDERS05.ZORDERS (Zorders being name of extension) & ORDCHG.ORDERS05.

This is where I am getting confused as if I import ORDCHG.ORDERS05.ZORDERS .... my existing interface in XI is using ORDCHG.ORDERS05 ... so will I need to change everything ?

Thanks everyone.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Original Structure:

<Details>

<CompanyName/>

<EmpID/>

</Details>

Structure change which should not cause problem:

<Details>

<CompanyName/>

<EmpID/>

<EmpName/>

</Details>

Structure change which will cause mapping problem:

<Details>

<EmpName/>

<CompanyName/>

<EmpID/>

</Details>

If the root node is not mapped then same structure with different name should not change the mapping......this is my guess

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right , I changed the message type in Message mapping from standard to that of extension and it preserved the earlier mapping... Now I think I will need to do the same with the rest...Hopefully it will come out of the other end..

Thanks.

Edited by: V bhandari on Oct 16, 2009 1:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you need to import the idoc once agin from the Source system which contains your extended idoc segments..

also if there is no change in the root structure of the message then the mapping retains in the message mappings...

any how take a back up of the same and try with the new idoc message structure.. also if you have already executed the scenario then delete the metadata laoded in IDX2 transaction for this idoc type...

HTH

Rajesh