cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wanna sell the same material as both make to stock and Make to order; I made new order and item category for the make to order scenario.

What settings should the new item category take?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For information, you cannot do PGI from avaialble MTS stock if you change it to MTO

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi for that info, I know and that what i want to do but my question is what should i do in the new item category which will be assigned to the make to order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions??

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you should create a strategy group in which you define both MTO and MTS strategies (e.g. 20 & 10)...

...after that during SO creation / Independent requirement creation you can influence the system which one to use:

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 17, 2009 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Csaba,

But this is the PP work, actually i was asking about the SD work.

Thanks

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PP settings are also necessary if you want to achieve your goal.

SD settings were already explained:

SPRO --> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements --> Determiantion of Requirement Type Using Transaction (V_TVEPZ_V)

Here you can define what should be the requirement type (e.g. KE in case of MTO, 041 in case of MTS) based on your sales order item category and MRP type defined in material master.

(so, you can create new order to get new item category and requirement type or change it manually using existing order type; I'm not sure you can change the requirement type manually on "Procurement" tab in sales order, please try it).

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

How can you maintain the same product as MTO & MTS? Both of them will have different item catg groups. Also in item catg determination in VOV4, you cannot propose the same item catg for 2 different item catg groups.

This is coz, for MTS scenario, you will just post stock in the plant / storage location. But in MTO, you will post the sales order stock in that particular plant / storage loc. Transfer of requirements, requirement types will be different for MTO & MTS.

For MTO products, a Production order / purchase order needs to be created. This is agin controlled in scnedule lines assigned to that item catg in VOV5.

Also when doing PGI, for MTO items, system will check for the sales order stock.

So I feel that same material cannot not be used as MTO & MTS.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just create & assign New Schedule Line Category with the Item category & MRP Type. In MTO Schedule Line Category , select the check Boxes of Availability & Transfer of Req. In MTS scenario , do not select them.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur,

I already tried this but the Sales order number doesn't appear in the process order!!