cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support packs for CI + App servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I worked mostly with Central Instance / Oracle DB only. I have done upgrade for Kernel / Oracle-Opatches and ABAP/ JAVA support packs. Now I have to implement these in production environment where it has one central instance and 3 app servers. I would lilke to know, what difference it makes, for Kernel upgrade / Oracle Patches / ABAP and Java support packs. What should I take care in terms of stopping ./ starting services

Would appreciate your feedback.,

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

steps should be as follows:--

1. stop your 3 application servers

2. stop your CI

3. performe Oracle patch application

4.perform kernal upgrade on CI and DI

5. start SAP CI

6.start SAP DI

7.SPAM upgrade

8.ABAP support packs

9.Java support packs

Thanks

R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply. The /sapmnt/SID/exe is syncd with other app servers? Should we do Kernel patch for each instance ? our system is NW 7.0 SPS15

-Raj

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the /sapmnt/<sid>/exe of the CI is mounted on the application servers (presuming they all are the same OS and bit) then you don't need to do them individually as they'll be automatically distributed, if otherwise you'll need to do them individually

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan / Anil / Rahul for the input. Yes, /sapmnt/SID/exe is seperate filesystem mounted. App server instance would be Syncd. Its all means, there is NO difference between handking single CI instance or CIApp servers for Kernel / Oracle / ABAPJava support packs.

Thanks Lot !!

-Raj

Edited by: Raj on Oct 16, 2009 8:41 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

For Application server what type of scenior you are using.

Did you made share of /usr/sap/ or /sapmnt to you application sever.

if yes, then you have to just upgrade the kernal in CI & not in Apps

If no, then you have to manually upgrade the kernal on CI & apps.

Thanks

Anil