cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction SCOT : Could we have 2 SMTP Node in the same client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in my SAP System, i would like to add 2 SMTP Nodes via the SCOT Transaction Code in the same client. Is it possible?

I already configure my SMTP Servers allowing my SAP System to send emails and it works.

Currently, i have 2 SMTP Servers and i would like to configure them in the same SAP System.

Any idea?

All suggestion is well welcomed.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Pascal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, this would not be possible in the same client. Even if you could create 2 nodes for SMTP(which you can't) the job RSCONN01 used for sending mail would not know how to differentiate to which node to send your mail(only one default domain).

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nelis,

thank you for replying. Is that possible even if my 2 SMTP Servers use the same default domain?

Best regards,

Pascal.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly are you wanting to do ? Why would you want two smtp servers ?

Yes, it would still not be possible if they both used the same default domain because you can only have one SMTP node per client.

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nelis,

thank you again for replying

my goal is to send emails from SAP System to external. Currently, people using the SAP System do not use the same SMTP Server. that's why i was asking.

It works for each SMTP Server separatly but i would like them to work at the same time.

Regards,

Pascal.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would rather do the configuration on the SMTP side so it can accommodate all your users whether they are SAP users or not.

--

Nelis

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my goal is to send emails from SAP System to external. Currently, people using the SAP System do not use the same SMTP Server. that's why i was asking.

It works for each SMTP Server separatly but i would like them to work at the same time

I don't understand this statement.

To send mails from SAP you need to connect to an SMTP Server, It is your own decition to choose which one if you have more than 1... in any case you can only setup one of them in the SMTP node in SCOT.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

here is an example:

from Tokyo, people are using the SAP System and send emails with the A SMTP Server.

from London, people are using the same SAP System and would like to send emails but they use a different B SMTP Server.

how could i manage sending emails in the SAP System with 2 different SMTP Servers?

Thank you again.

Regards,

Pascal.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They shouldn't, if they are working for the same company under the same domain doesn't really matter if the mails go out of Tokio or London.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, they do work for the same compagny, the SMTP servers are in the same Domain but the SMTP Servers are different on different place. For example tokyo.example.com for the A SMTP Server and london.example.com for the B SMTP Server. With 1 SMTP node on SCOT transaction Code, i currently cannot manage 2 SMTP Servers.

Pascal.

Edited by: Pascal TRAN on Oct 16, 2009 2:34 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply SCOT cannot use 2 SMTP addresses, and as I mention before there should be no issue sending mails from either locations to either of you SMTP servers

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you both for helping me on this thread.

Regards,

Pascal.