cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery split due to conflicting header data SH address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a question regarding shipping certain items of a sales order to an address different from the header ship to address.

I have a sales order, in which some of the line items need to be shipped to a different address. I put these items in a different delivery group and also went into each line and changed the ship to address. Now when I try to create a delivery for these line items, I do not see all the line items. The delivery log says "Item 000140: delivery split due to conflicting header data (Function SH: Address Number: 9000009920 <-> 9000009919)". When I checked the VBPA table, I see multiple address numbers generated for the line items in which I changed the ship to address. However, the address infomation is the same for all these address numbers.

Can someone please tell me how to resolve this and ship all the line items of this new delivery group to the new ship to address?

Thanks,

Rugmani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This is as per the standard SAP behaviour. Consider a sales order where you have 3 line items. 1 item you want to ship to Delhi, 1 to bangalore & another to Chennai. Since the ship-to destination is different, you cannot ship all the items in the same delivery. Routes will be different for different ship-to & cannot go in a single delievry. There will be a delievry split if there is a difference in ship-to adrress

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi,

*"I put these items in a different delivery group and also went into each line and changed the ship to address."*

Create delivery using tcode VL04 (input the shipping point & select the Sales order box & Execute). Press CTRL+S to create delivery.

Check log (menubar- Go To > Log) to findout the reason for split

Appreciate if you provide more details

Edited by: Bashir on Oct 16, 2009 8:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The delivery log says 'Delivery split due to conflicting header data (Function SH: Address Number: 9000018036 <-> 9000018037). It recognizes each line item address as a different one and gives it a different address number.

However, what I found was that if I do not create the new ship to addresses in the sales order line items, but instead just group them into a different delivery group then all the line items of the same delivery group come in one delivery. The ship to address on the delivery header is editable.

Can I just modify the ship to address in the delivery header and not in the sales order?

Thanks,

Rugmani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I just modify the ship to address in the delivery header and not in the sales order?

Yes you can. Check it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you said all the address number generated have same address, then instead of changing address at each line item, goto header ship to and change the address. It will reflect to all line item with same address number.

Second point, Can I just modify the ship to address in the delivery header and not in the sales order?

Yes you can, but again it will cause invoice split.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried changing the address in the delivery header and it worked fine. I was able to bring in all items of the same delivery group into the same delivery.

As far as invoicing is concerned, in any case, these items will be invoiced separately as there is a separate delivery created for these items. That is ok with the accounting department.

Thanks a lot for all your help. It sure helped resolving my issue.

Thanks,

Rugmani