cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS not showing in FI document after settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After I've performed CJ88 and settled the WBS to a cost center, the WBS element is not appearing in the FI document (FB03) as the credit entry, for the debit entry, the cost center appears in the FI doc.

This only happens to OPEX accounts.

As for Balance Sheet, the WBS appears in the FI doc after settlement is perform. What could be the possible problem here?

Rgds,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Internal Settlement (settling to CO objects) will not generate accountinf document but will only result in CO document, in your case CTR is the receiver so there wouldn't be a accounting document as result of settlement.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. After more research, it has been discovered that the document type on the Settlement Profile is being overridden and is being posted as an SA document in error in FI. (I know this is not suppose to happen but it does..)

1. Why do we see settlements to cost centers in FI when this should be CO only postings?

2. Why is the doc type on the Settlement Profile being overridden? I'm using doc type ZA but it's replaced by SA in FI.

It's weird.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assume your are on ECC 6.0 and there is this real time integration happening between CO and FI.

Check with your FI consultant what's the document type that's maintained in SPRO under the variants for CO->FI integration. This document type will be considered for the internal settlement (if postings happening across profit centres- FI document is created). The document type mentioned in settlement profile is only used for external settlement and is ignored for internal settlement.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed, it is a reclass of different profit center during the settlemt and that is why it generates an FI document.

However, I've one final question, the posting generated in FI after WBS settlement for the reclass of profit center seems like it's against the standard SAP posting.

The post is like below:-

40 DR OPEX Cost Center A Profit Center B <- (Reclass to a correct profit center, this line is correct)

50 CR OPEX Profit Center A <- (from profit center, there's no Cost object - Cost center)

If you notice the CR (50) line generated do not have the cost center/wbs item. In SAP all OPEX (with cost element 1) must have a cost center/wbs posted to but it seems that this line only post into profit center without a cost center.

In the example above, the amount is double up in the cost center reporting, am i right?

This is a WBS/FI/CO related question.