cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't apply patch level 14 to installation server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to apply patch level 14 to the installation server using the nwsapsetupadmin tool. I have installed previous patches with no problem, and I have just installed the Business Explorer patch with no problem. But patch 14 for SAP GUI 7.10 fails.

I click Patch Server.

I select the patch. (gui710_14-10002995.exe)

It extracts and validates the patch.

I click Next to apply the patch.

I see a splash screen and a black cmd window appears for a split second.

Then nothing. Here I should see a progress bar while the patch installs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

yes, of corse, the Compilation 4 will solve this problem, this is the best and easiest way to

solve such issues....

Once again, without a look in the Log files it is very hard to help you.

which error message did you recieved in the log?

The logs stored in C:\program files\sap\sapsetup\logs

Best Regards, Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't notice any errors in the logs, the logging just stops when the installation stops. If there's a particular piece you'd like to look at then I can paste it here. Otherwise I can upload the log files somewhere for you.

The very last log entry (in NwUpdateInstServer.log) is this:

09:51:04 NwSapAdmin 1 Exporting Product '{14991593-3D7A-402e-97C9-C99B346B1A53}' will involve executing 365 actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello tridgley,

i think it is better to solve this issue in an oss message, because ther you can attach all log file that i need to find a solution.

Or you install a new "Installation Server" based on the cCompilation 4 CD...

Best Regards, Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it looks like compilation 4 resolves the problem.

I'm not sure if you could make comp 1 accept the patch or not. I had been able to apply other patches to it with no problem, but it seems that 14 was just too new in relation to the comp 1 setup files.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL...

for the reason you must have a look in the NWSAPSETUPADMIN.log...

Or you open an OSS MESSAGE in BC-FES-INS and attach there the log files from

your installation server.

Then i can have al ook at this and can support you.

A possible reason is that the patch is already installed on the server...

Or an exception is raised in the .NET framework...

All is possible, but it is very hard to analyse without the logfiles.

Best Regards, Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is definitely .Net related. I have three versions of .Net installed on the machine and NWSAPSetupAdmin insists on using the 1.1.4322 version instead of the 2.0.50727 version. Perhaps there a way to enforce it to use .Net 2.0?

There is no log file in the setup folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which version of the sapgui cd disk you have... there is a problem in the last CD compl 4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, mine is much older. The sapguisetup.exe that I have is version 2008.0.0.187 dated 01/24/2007.

I've just obtained comp.4, in which sapguisetup.exe is version 2008.0.0.190 dated 06/03/2009. I was about to update my admin installation point with this one and try it. Should I not use this then? Is there a newer one, or a different one I should use?

Thanks.

Edited by: tridgley on Oct 19, 2009 3:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem with patch 14 and now with patch 15. Did you get this resolved?