cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data from Excel to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a excel form that users submit for customer creation. I'm trying to streamline that into SAP so someone doesn't have to copy and paste each field.

I've used VBA to create a text string, but am not having much luck simulating a TAB. I use the vbNewLine command to make the cursor go to the next line down, but can't get a lateral move.

Does anyone know how to fix my issue or offer a better way transfer data from excel to SAP for a tcode like (XD01 or XK01)

Thanks for the time!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Are you a SAP Business One user? If you are still looking for a solution to Transfer data from Excel to SAP, you might want to check [ExcelSAP.com|http://www.excelsap.com/]. With single sign-on, it takes an Excel Spreadsheet, extracts the required data and loads it into the relevant SAP (Draft) Object for persistence into the database within few seconds, using the SAP Business One API.

This draft document can then be accessed from within SAP. This allows the user to recheck if there is anything that needs to be changed and then add the loaded draft as final document into SAP. Check out this video demonstration of [Excel SAP Loader|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqKlf2Ud7MU]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The best way will be to call an RFC for customer creation from excel, e.g. bapi_customer_createfromdata1. This will save a lot of time for you. If sapgui scripting is enabled on your sap system then you can write a simple sapgui script to record the fields and then provide the data.

Bikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to use excel directly to enter data in a service entry sheet and later on would like to view the same excel shhet as support to the service entry sheet as n hyper link.

Is it possible?

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to use excel directly to enter data in a service entry sheet and later on would like to view the same excel shhet as support to the service entry sheet as n hyper link.

Is it possible?

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HELLO,

CAN YOU EXPLAIN LINE NUMBER 3 WITH EXAMPLE FOR ILLUSTRATION.

THANK YOU

NOA.

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

there are certainly several ways to solve this issue. My suggestion is as follows:

1. Record a script for a single customer.

2. Replace all constants to variables in the script. The variables = names of columns from excel sheet.

e.g. "1234567" ---> "Customer"

3. Write a small VBA program that replaces the variables against the current cell in Excel.

4. Run the newly created script.

5. Process in this way all rows from Excel.

6. Done

Regards,

ScriptMan