cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Invoice Interfaced into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

We use multiple non-SAP applications to create sales orders. Customers are also invoiced out of these applications.

While we do not want to invoice out of SAP, we do want to interface into SAP these invoice documents (so that this data flows to FI).

I have been looking at the function module GN_INVOICE_CREATE to do this (assuming it were wrapped with our own remote-enabled function module).

My question is more specifically around the subject of taxes.

I do not want SAP to calculate the taxes. Our external applications do this.

Moreover, these taxes need to be broken down into a certain granular level.

Let me clarify... our non-sap applications do this already.

For example, a sales tax would be broken down into state, county, city, and other components that would be specific to that geographic area (like rental taxes).

I would like to know how each of these detail lines would be input into the billing document line item

Has anyone done something similar?

Okay, now I am thinking that the taxes might be input on the conditions "table" in the function module.

But still, has anyone ever tried interfacing an external invoice into SAP?

Thank You

Edited by: Eric Heilers on Oct 20, 2009 3:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Please go through the documentation on the External Billing Interface.

With the general billing interface you can bill external business transactions.

Data from an external system to be used in the billing process must first be prepared in a sequential file of specified format.

All data can be made available by this file or can be taken from existing master data. Material master data and pricing elements are not necessarily required in the system.

It is also possible to work with an One Time Customer (CPD) master record instead of taking data from a customer master record.

Pricing elements and /or VAT amounts can be transferred. Alternativley it is possible to carry out new pricing in billing, entirely or only for taxes.

In this interface you can also enter external billing reference numbers f.e. an order number which is then shown in the document flow. Additionally the system ensures that this number is only billed once.

The general billing interface is used in order-related internal billing, and many business events, f.e. Training and Event Management.

Sample reports:

RVAFSS00: illustrates how the function module in the general billing interface can be used

RVAFSS01: can be used to create sample data and write to the sequential file

RVAFSS02: displays the created sequential file

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Raghavendra