cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Earlier we were having individual tranport directory, I have changed parameter DIR_TRANS and point it to common directory of dev server, provided full access to sapservice<SID> of all three systems but still getting error, TMS_PS_WRITE_PROFILE_TO_DISK while distributing the configuration.

Check TP and found error "This is tp version 375.30.40 (release 710, unicode enabled)

E-
servername\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_SID.PFL could not be opened.

EXIT

ERROR:

System : Parameter SAPEVTPATH not set. Batch jobs cannot be started.

Error in
iservername\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_SID.PFL: transdir not

tp returncode summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 0

ERRORS: Highest tp internal error was: 0208"

Regards,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SID ADM should have the permission to rwxrwsrwx on USR/SAP/TRANS direcotry and other directories under trans the permiossion should be rwxrwxrwx, also check whether TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL exists in /usr/sap/trans/bin or not. you can still check the with report RSTPTEST to know what is exact probelm with STMS settings.

Thank you,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for information, we have Windows 2003 64bit edition,

<SID>ADM is having full permission in \usr\sap\trans\ folder, when I execute report RSTPTEST in dev/test it's fine but in production it's giving below error,

Profile Cannot read tp profile

Version tp profile has an invalid format

DB Connect Link to database failed

Offline Call error in transportprofil (param missin.

Transport profile not up-to-date

Regards,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check following things to come across this issue::

1.Please check if your PRD system included in transport domain.

2.Check if after including in transport domain your configuration distributed properly.

3.Check the value of profile DIR_TRANS ,it should point to your trans directory of domain controller.

4.Check if you are able to access your tp profile via OS level.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Please check if your PRD system included in transport domain. - yes

2.Check if after including in transport domain your configuration distributed properly. - yes

3.Check the value of profile DIR_TRANS ,it should point to your trans directory of domain controller. - Parameter is fine

4.Check if you are able to access your tp profile via OS level. - Yes able to access.

Transport are fine till Test system

Only problem is when go to transaction code stms_import of production getting error "TMS_TP_SHOW_BUFFER"

Former Member
0 Kudos
Version tp profile has an invalid format
DB Connect Link to database failed
Offline Call error in transportprofil (param missin.
Transport profile not up-to-date

Your profile definitly have missing entris as a result of non-proper distribution.Please update your transport confguration from domain controller.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yash,

I think we had a similar permisions issue. we resolved it by

Basically, logging in to the box where Transport directory (DIR_TRANS) lives, Right click My computer --> Manage --> Local Users and groups --> Groups --> Administrators > add> "Here add SAPSerrvice User of each box) eg: "SAPServiceQA" , "SAPServiceDEV".

Which should solve problem.

Update if you need further help.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I have updated configuration from DC and distributed as well but still error persist.

I have added all users <sid>adm and SAPService<SID> and provided access to \trans directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yash,

In simple terms I am asking you to add SAPService user of other boxs to Local administrators group where Transport directory lives.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved )

Weird Solution : SAPService<SID> was part of Administrator group and admin group have full access to \usr directory but still issue was there....I provided explicit permission to user SAPService<SID> on \usr directory just a try and it worked

Thanks to all for their suggestions

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know it worked.

Please mark as "Solved".

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I have the same error but mine is a ides system and i have qas and prd as virtual systems.Till last week it was working fine i have give addes SAPService<SID> user to trans directory and gave full permission but still it say have not permissions to read or write log to sapmnt\trans\bin\tp_domailn_pfl file....

help

Regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Valluru,

Your solution resolved my problem too.

Thank you very much. (Sometimes it is strange how windows machine work).

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all, Krishna's post resolved my issue.

migrated my dev to new hardware as a VM

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna.

This resolution of yours worked today even for me.

Thanks a lot

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

First of login to you Dev , Qty and production OS with SID and try to check are you able to access the share drive of STMS Domain controller i.e in you case it is
servername\sapmnt\trans\bin

If you are able to access the
servername\sapmnt\trans\bin , second thing try to create the 1 blank file over there , which will help you understand whether you have access to that drive on not.

Let us know the status of above.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yash,

It seems to be permission issue for <sid>adm to read/write to the specified /usr/sap/trans/ coming from dev system.

Hope this helps,

Kalyan