cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete Load from SGEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have installed a SolMan 7.01MaxDB on AIX and had implement SPS20. After this we start SGEN to generate every component. Now we have a Problem with Free Space within the DB ( SGEN 48 % of all finished). We received now the components that the customer expect to use. Is it possible to delete the generated loads from SGEN to get more Free Space in the DB? And generate just the components that they want to use.

kind regards,

Henschke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the first response from SAP was that I can delete the tables D010L, D010Q and D010Y, but this tables are available until release 4.7 and we have now a SolMan 7.01. I found that there is a table called REPOLOAD but this table sice is just 1.6 GB and the generated loads are round about 10 GB so that`s why I think this table is not the only one.

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is correct, the program loads are in table repoload. Personally i only deleted contents from repoload so far, nothing else.

Regarding the size of REPOLOAD, you have to be careful, because two columns might be LOB types. I have no MaxDB system to check, but in the Oracle world LOB columns are stored apart from the table.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be interested in an official answer from SAP. As far as i know, there is no official way to get rid of generated program loads so far (or you need to do an SAP upgrade

I often use this procedure, if there are unused loads:

- determine used loads (for example from ../work/pxastat or from ST02 -> program buffer)

- delete the loads directly from the database, except the ones from step one

A solution that is often mentioned, is:

- stopsap

- manually delete all loads

- startsap and run SGEN

Cheers Michael