cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archving and Printing EDI invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently using PBS tool for archiving in our company. Currently we are facing issues with archving invoices. Is there any way by which EDI invoices can be archived and the archived invoice be printed at a later date?

Our company has a legal requirement where invoices need to be stored for 10 years and a customer can request a hard copy of the invoice at any given point in time.

We need to be able to archive invoices for 10 years and print these archived invoices as and when the customer demands them.

Many thanks in advance,

Rabbiya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabbiya,

1. In standard Data archiving using ADK, re-printing of invoices is not possible unless:

1.a - you change your reports to make it capable of reading archived data or

1.b - implement an external storage where you can store your invoices as pdf (outgoing document archiving)

have a look at this Link:[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d76f5301-0b01-0010-2a97-9938052ddf81;jsessionid=(J2EE3417300)ID1240541150DB00207519412674103434End#q-9]

2. It is not a good idea to reload archived documents back into the database as it might lead to inconsistencies in the database (also refer to the above FAQ link)

3. Which PBS product (and which PBS add-on) are you using?

3a. If you are using ContentLink, you might be able to implement outgoing document archiving scenario

3b. If you are using add-on CSD, you might have an option to re-print archived documents

However i am not sure on the above 2 points about PBS, so you might have to consult PBS support and they could be able to help.

In general, if you have a requirement to re-print invoices, its good to put in place outgoing document archiving before you archive the transactional data.

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not relevant to whether an invoice is EDI or not.

To my knowledge, in SAP the documents can be archived and at later time they can be restored from the archive and then, naturally, they may be printed etc. as any other existing document. This is of course, providing that Basis doesn't lose the archived files in 10 years.

However, I found this option to be not very convenient, from my experience. First of all, it is difficult to navigate the archive files. Second, I could restore only a "batch" of documents, not a single document. I might have done something incorrectly though, so I'm not 100% sure.

For such compliance purposes I would recommend to store the scanned invoices on an external system where they could be easily located and restored by document # or customer #, for example. Not sure if your PBS tool does this, you'll need to check with whoever sells/maintains it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Not sure if EDI documents can be archived or not. But I believe, you can try transaction code SARA to archive your documents.

Best Regards