cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Installation on a Windows 2008 Cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We have a two node x64 Windows 2008 Server cluster.

We have just installed MDM 7.1 (MDS & MDIS) onto the Microsoft Failover Cluster which already has an ABAP system and a JAVA system installed. Each of these systems has it's own Cluster Service/Application as required, with shared storage (saploc & sapmnt share for each install).

The only way I can get the MDM services to start (SAPMDQ_04 & SAPMDQ_05) is if the local saploc share is removed from each node (c:\sap\usr).

The following entry exists in the Windows Event log when the MDS or MDIS service tries to start

Unable to change to Directory C:\usr\sap\MDQ\MDS04\work. (Error 3 ESRCH*: No such process OR: The system cannot find the path specified.) [ntservstart.cpp 1053]

This path is not valid which is why the service doesn't start but I cannot work out why it is defaulting to looking at the saploc share on c:\usr\sap. MDS and MDIS are installed on the shared cluster disk which is v:\usr\sap so why does it not pick up this share i.e.
SRMQAMDMCI\saploc. (SRMQAMDMCI is the name of the Client Access Point for the MDM cluster service)

-> I can browse to this share perfectly fine

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Dave H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was just wondering if you found a solution to this problem.

I am currently installing a multi-sid installation on 2008 and getting the same problem.

The first <SID> was fine, but now when I try to install the the second <SID> I am getting the same problem with the saploc when installing the SCS.

The install recognizes the the Virtual saploc, but when the service starts it tries to use the physical saploc.

former_member196113
Participant
0 Kudos

same problem here. Did you found a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share de solution ?

Thanks