cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punch-out problems with the Chinese character set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are a large supplier of goods. I am attempting to set up a Punch-out (Roundtrip) system for a large organisation that has a division in China. Our Chinese web site is delivering the shopping basket to the buyer with description fields in Chinese characters. Unfortunately the buyer's SAP system is having a problem importing these items.

I changed our site language to English and it worked fine but when I changed it back to Chinese the same problem arose. I tried with UTF-8 character set and had the same problem. The buyer's technical department is in the USA where they are running these tests and this is the first Chinese system they have attepted to set up.

We have set up quite a few other Chinese customers that have SAP successfully with no problems like this.

I am now running out of ideas. Do they need to set up their SAP system to accept the Chinese character set maybe?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check character set in both SRM server and Supplier Catalog.

SRM - Catalog

Unicode - Unicode <- should work fine

Unicode - Non-Unicode <- you need charset information in Catalog customizing

Non-Unicode - Unicode <- technical limitation

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem has been solved. China has two currencies - RMB and CNY. It seems that the Customer's system could only handle CNY and we were sending RMB. This is a simple thing to fix as we can configure our system to return CNY. Thanks for all your suggestions though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like it's a problem with the language pack. One thing i can suggest ask them to pass Language as a parameter and value as sy-langu while defining the web service for accessing your punch out site.This way you can make sure you are having the same language as the SAP logon language.

And make sure you don't have the language included part of the URL .

BR

Padhi