cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Scenario ( software Component )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am new to PI, and have to make a PI senario:

Basically I have to provide user with WSDL, he can call this WSDL and in backend system an IDOC will take the values.

So given the user information, I started creating DataTypes ( from xml ) I called it DT_Artical.

Then I created Message Type I give it a name MT_Artical.

Then I imported Idoc from backend and give did the Message - Mapping and also created Interface-Mapping... so far so good.

Now I have following doubths...

By creating Message Interface I got confused what is my inbound and outboud...nevertheless I created following two Message Interface.

MT_Artical_IN ( Inbound interface for Idoc going to backend, RECIEVER Side )

MT_Artical_OUT ( outbound interface for message type MT_Artical Sender Side )

Is that correct ? ( message interface ) ?

Then I went on to create following two actions....

Article_Sen_WS_Msg ( object type Inbound with Message Interface (MT_Artical_IN )

Article_Rev_Idoc_Msg ( object tpye outbout with Message Interface (MT_Artical_OUT)

Now comes the real problem.... :

I tried to create the Integration Scenario ... what I did, when I treid to create the application component and select the product, ( my software component does not apper to this product ) ........... Even though when I look into the SLD I can see that my Software Component is assigned to that particular product ?

I cheked maybe my software componet is not assigend to ( installed systems ) and yes it was not, so I explicity assigned ti to Installed Systsms... even though my newly created software component is not visible ( all remaings are visible ) .......as mentioned in SLD I can though see it under the product ...

Anyidea what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks for your valuable input ...

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

You have done everything right upto the creating of message types.

You do not need to create an inbound interface for the IDOC. YOu can directly use the Imported IDOC in your mapping.

Creating the outbound interface(for the sender) is still correct.

Now, you don't really need to create integration scenarios and actions to create a scenario in PI (Unless you are developing some Product kind of a thing).

Your next steps are to create a message mapping under mapping objects.

Then create a interface mapping .

In the ID part, you have to configure your scenario.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Ravi,

Thanks for your reply, ...

As I mentioned ; I already created Message Mapping and Interface Mapping..and its all okay ( and till that point i did not create the Idoc ( Message interface )

but when I started creating actions I realize I need two interface so only then I created the idoc message interface ( but while doing mapping i directly imported the Idoc ) so please give me hint how I can create the actions for my reciever i.d idoc without creting the Message interface )

Secondly when I try to crete the integration senaroi why > I cant see my software componnet under the products ( even though in sld I can see my software component assigned to that particular product).

Regards,

PS: Secondly what do you mean by ID part ?

Edited by: Shah H on Oct 15, 2009 3:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok problem so far solved, I now can see my software component, ( had to refresh the SLD )