Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly updated Number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Someone has wrongly updated existing number range of Process Order in Production planning.

This can be done through CO82 T-Code.

Auditing is activated but there is no log related to CO82.

How can we trace when and who has changed this series because it is very serious case.

Is there any other way to update number range of process order ?

Thanks,

Nirav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

From a note I made a while back it is possible that OPJH could be used too.

You could also query with your functional team if SNUM can be used also.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

From a note I made a while back it is possible that OPJH could be used too.

You could also query with your functional team if SNUM can be used also.

0 Kudos

Quite true, as Alex says - you can change using SNUM if you have the object S_NUMBER and the value (*) or AUFTRAG

You could also check if any user has access to transaction KONK

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply.

I had also checked SNUM in audit log. There is no log related to same.

Also I have checked with functional team they did not change any thing related to number range.

Thanking you ones again,

Nirav

0 Kudos

I am not logged on, but if you don't want to wait then take a look in transaction SNR0 in the menus for a change log option. You might need to select the number range first and then check the menu. There are some records there.

Out of curiosity, is this range buffered and did you restart your system at around the same time the number range was "reset"? This could also explain the observation.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

We have not made any changes in the system related to buffer or number range.

We want to faind out how it is changed.

I have also checked SNRO log. But no one has used this t-code.

Thanks,

Nirav

0 Kudos

If the number range itself is buffered, then you wouldn't need to make any changes.

Restarting your system would pull a new set of numbers from the range, and not write the already buffered numbers back from the application server instance to the DB.

I haven't tried, but would think that invalidating all tables ($tabl or $sync) would have the same affect. Rather don't try that in a Production system, but someone might have...

Cheers,

Julius

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use STAD to find out who has used CO82 in last 48 hours. In addition to that compare these users with authorization to change number range for process order. However this will shorten the search list. But wont give the exact user (if this has been changed by any user)