cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database Patch Upgrade in Windows 2003 MSCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed SAP ECC6.0 on Windows 2003 server and database version is 10.2.0.2.0. SAP is installed on HA MSCS. Installation is completed and now I need to upgrade the database patch from 10.2.0.2.0 to 10.2.0.4.0. I have done the database patch in standalone system but i need the procedure for upgrading the database patch in MSCS environment.

Regards,

Ranjith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

read the upgrade guide file README.HTML. This file is in the upgrade CD or downloaded files.

All steps pertaining to MSCS are in this guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do i need to upgrade patch on both the nodes and then perform the post-installation steps?

Regards,

Ranjith

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, as I said earlier, the upgrade guide contains special sections for MSCS. Read them, it will tell you what to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

I finished upgrading Oracle Patch to 10.2.0.4.0 and the system is working fine now. Below are the steps i followded to upgrade the Patch in MSCS environment,

1. Upgrade patch set from 10.2.0.4.0 in Node 1

2. Upgrade patch set from 10.2.0.4.0 in Node 2

3. Perform post-installation steps for Patch Set

4. Upgrade Opatch in Node 1 and Node 2

5. Install Cumulative Patch 22 in Node 1

6. Install Cumulative Patch 22 in Node 2

7. Perform post-installation steps for Cumulative Patch

8. Apply generic patches in Node 1 and Node 2

9. Adjust the Oracle Parameters and start the Database.

While executing some SQL commands, i frequently get ORA-03113 error and there are no errors in Alert log or trace files regarding this error. This issue is being faced only in MSCS environment.

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue ORA-03113 has been resolved in MSCS environment. It was related to Oracle cluster group.

Regards,

Ranjith