Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View an article's components directly using 'CALL TRANSACTION'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to call MM43 and displaying the component assignment for set article using CALL TRANSACTION w/o having to pass through the main screen and clicking 'Components'?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I assume that you can do this with a partial BDC. What this means is that you will record the MM43 transaction up to the point that you want the user to take over. THen when using the CALL TRANSACTION in your BDC, you will set the MODE to "E". This will force the BDC to stop when there is no more instructions, hence stopping the transaction at that screen and by passing all of the previous screens. In other cases, usually when you hit enter on the first screen to continue, you can just use the AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN extension of the CALL TRANSACTION statement. But this will not work if it another function code other than ENTER, as I think your "components" button is a different fcode.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try using

BAPI_MATERIAL_GETCOMPONENTS to exploded structured materials instead.

refer BUS1001001 :- Retail Material and its Methods.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I assume that you can do this with a partial BDC. What this means is that you will record the MM43 transaction up to the point that you want the user to take over. THen when using the CALL TRANSACTION in your BDC, you will set the MODE to "E". This will force the BDC to stop when there is no more instructions, hence stopping the transaction at that screen and by passing all of the previous screens. In other cases, usually when you hit enter on the first screen to continue, you can just use the AND SKIP FIRST SCREEN extension of the CALL TRANSACTION statement. But this will not work if it another function code other than ENTER, as I think your "components" button is a different fcode.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks Rich! That's exactly what i needed.