Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use SNRO to create daily number range?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to know how to use SNRO to create a daily number range.

We would like to have the following sequence. The first 8 digits are date and the last 2 digits are number sequence. Each day, the last 2 digits will start from 01 again. i.e. <8-digits date><2-digit sequence>

For example, today is 22 May 2006,

Tomorrow will have sequence like this:

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

GO THROUGH THIS LINK.

/people/vikash.agrawal/blog/2006/04/05/load-lots-of-data-147faster148-with-buffering-number-range

NUMBER_GET_NEXT Get the next unique number in a number range. Use tcode SNRO for maintaining number ranges.

SNRO

Maintain number ranges (use FM 'NUMBER_GET_NEXT' to retrieve next number in range.)

THANKS

MRUTYUN

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I don't there is a automated way of doing as the dates do NOT follow a numbering sequence. What you can do is to create a number range for getting the last two digits every day and manually concatenate the date with the serial number.

However, as you have to reset the counter every day that might be a issue.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

GO THROUGH THIS LINK.

/people/vikash.agrawal/blog/2006/04/05/load-lots-of-data-147faster148-with-buffering-number-range

NUMBER_GET_NEXT Get the next unique number in a number range. Use tcode SNRO for maintaining number ranges.

SNRO

Maintain number ranges (use FM 'NUMBER_GET_NEXT' to retrieve next number in range.)

THANKS

MRUTYUN