cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple R/3 clients as receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i hav arequirement like,1sendor,4 R/3 clients,is it possible.

regards,

subba reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes its possible to have multiple clients as receiver by using receiver determination where u can add them under configured receivers.

regards,

prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can configure receiver determination for all the 4 receivers ( if you have distinguished data coming from in coming payload which can separate the messages sent to receiver you can configure them or else you can simply configure the receivers )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to extend the discussion to the case in which there is an R/3 Landscape with four systems (DEV, QAS, PreProd and Prod). Well in this case is preferable/necessary to have a PI Landscape with four systems or with classical three systems? In the case of PI Landscape with three systems is it possible (and how) to configure the PI QAS system as receiver or sender for R/3 QAS and Preprod?

Thanks a lot.

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I would like to extend the discussion to the case in which there is an R/3 Landscape with four systems (DEV, QAS, PreProd and Prod). Well in this case is preferable/necessary to have a PI Landscape with four systems or with classical three systems?

This is a very broad topic related to the design of the landscape. I won't be able to comment whether 4 PI systems are required without knowing more details.

You might be interested in answering these before moving ahead-

1. What is the role of Pre-Prod system?

2. Any testing is being done on that? If yes, then you need to have PI in that environment.

3. How you are going to design the SLD?

In the case of PI Landscape with three systems is it possible (and how) to configure the PI QAS system as receiver or sender for R/3 QAS and Preprod?

PI Dev will point to PI QAS, which will have Dev as Sender and Prod as Receiver. QAS will point to PI Prod, which will have sender as QAS. With 3 systems environment, you won't be able to have R3 Pre-Prod either as sender or receiver for any of PI systems.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

solved my problem.

thanks & regards,

subba reddy

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes...

your scenario will be 1 sender to 4 receivers...

use receiver determination to add multiple receivers and you are good to go

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One client is equivalent to one business system.

So, it IS possible.

Regards,

Ravi