cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Templates - is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howzit Guru's

I am new to Smartforms, and I was wondering whether it was possible to to nest a template within a cell of another template. I can't seem to get this to happen, but I could be missing something. I have had a look through a number of other threads on this forum, but the opinions on what is possible seems to vary.

My problem is that I have a grid that I'm printing out with static text in it. Within this grid is a place where the line is split in half. On the left is a large single cell and on the right are a number of lines. Something like:

|--------------|------|--------|
|              |      |        |
|              |------|--------|
|              |------|--------|
|--------------|------|--------|

I created a line with 2 cells and created a second 3-line template in the main window that I had hoped to insert into the right-hand cell. But this doesn't seem to be possible. Some people have suggested that it is possible to insert a table into a cell, but I don't see how to do this, either.

I realise that I could create another window and insert the second template into that and line it up with the gap in the first template. But, unfortunately, there is a variable-length table higher up the form, so it's position is not static, so I'm not sure this is possible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Lyal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cant create nested templates. as per the layout you have given is possible only if they are two templates. left one with big space is one template in seperate window and the right one is in another window.

regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Venkat.

The problem is that this table is not in a fixed vertical position, as there is a variable-length table above them. Is there any way to align the two windows with one another dynamically?

Thanks

Lyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Venkat.

The problem is that this table is not in a fixed vertical position, as there is a variable-length table above them. Is there any way to align the two windows with one another dynamically?

Thanks

Lyal

Answers (0)