Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of solution monitoring between solution manager system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

we have 2 SAP solution manager systems.

1 is for 'playground' - try & test

1 is the productive which connect to all the productive & QA systems, with live monitoring data & EWA setup.

my doubt here are

1. user usually request a new monitoring setup in my 'test' solution manager, where not all the productive systems are connected here. Is it advisable for me to setup all the RFC & necessary configuration to productive system from my 'test' solution manager (so that user can setup/test the monitoring)? that will come to the situation where all productive system is connected to TWO sap solution manager systems. Any impact on the managed system

2. if the point 1 is work, how can i transport my monitoring configuration (or maybe complete monitoring solution: system monitoring, BPM, etc) to my productive solution manager? using normal transpot STMS?

3. if poit 1 is not going to work, is it means we need to setup all the monitoring for productive system directly on my productive solution manager without a test? there is not necessary to practise SAP standard procedure to setup in Test/Dev system?

please advise.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried export - import feature in solution level?

While importing in production solution manager it allows you to map your prototype satellite system to corresponding productive satellite system. This way no need to connect satellite system to 2 solution manager.

Br

Suman

0 Kudos

Hello,

at least for the BPMon data it is correct that no transport mechanism exists as the monitoring configuration is considered as Master Data. You can transfer a complete soltution (including monitoring config) via transaction SOLUTION_TRANSFER. But this is a one-time activity and no delta mechanism exists.

For BPMon you should create two solutions in the PRD SolMan one with Leading Role "Production" and the same with Leading Role "Quality". Then you can try out monitors on QA systems first.

A representative but small sub-set of monitors should be implemted on the DEV SolMan. Just to check that monitors are also wokring after implementing SPs.

Regards

Volker

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lay

I do not recommend connecting 1 system to 2 Solution Manager systems

You could see RFC naming conflicts with default created RFCs - even if you can name your own for some scenarios

other scenarios require specific default RFCs

The TST/DEV environment is exact as described - a playground to practice configuration - best to connect

Solution Manager TST/DEV to a mirrorerd DEV/TST of your PRD system and once happy with results re-implement the

customizing manually in Solution Manager PRD and your PRD system

Best wishes

Stuart