Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of solution monitoring between solution manager system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

we have 2 SAP solution manager systems.

1 is for 'playground' - try & test

1 is the productive which connect to all the productive & QA systems, with live monitoring data & EWA setup.

my doubt here are

1. user usually request a new monitoring setup in my 'test' solution manager, where not all the productive systems are connected here. Is it advisable for me to setup all the RFC & necessary configuration to productive system from my 'test' solution manager (so that user can setup/test the monitoring)? that will come to the situation where all productive system is connected to TWO sap solution manager systems. Any impact on the managed system

2. if the point 1 is work, how can i transport my monitoring configuration (or maybe complete monitoring solution: system monitoring, BPM, etc) to my productive solution manager? using normal transpot STMS?

3. if poit 1 is not going to work, is it means we need to setup all the monitoring for productive system directly on my productive solution manager without a test? there is not necessary to practise SAP standard procedure to setup in Test/Dev system?

please advise.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It may be possible to transport CCMS - but CCMS is not Solution Manager content

There is official way I am aware of to transport Solution Manager content from all scenarios between systems

consistently - as Solution Manager was designed to be a standalone central system not a three tier landscape

Best wishes

Stuart

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this transports CCMS monitor set but not an existing Solution Manager content

So you can see the new monitor set in RZ20 in the target Solution Manager system but will still need to manually adapt Solution Manager to view it

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thank you for all the valueable reply & sharing.

I can't find until now the possibility of transport monitoring between solution manager systems.

based on all the information & replies here, I would say a SAP Solution Manager system should serve as only ONE central system, without DEV/QA systems like others R/3 systems. Even though I've a 'TEST' solution manager, but it can only use for configuration practice & upgrade test, but not able to transport result. The actual setup for monitoring is still need to be done in the real environment.

I get to know that only 'implementation' content (project, documentation) can be transported.

Is my summary correct here?

thank you

Lee

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Lee,

You are right. The functionality of Solman is not same as other r/3 3 system landscape. One solman is enough for your whole landscape. It is for your central monitoring only.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

There is a transport button available in RZ20. This allows you to transport the monitoring tree to another system.

Thanks,

Rinkal

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lay

Actually my last thread should read there is "no offical way"

Best wishes

Stuart

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that by activating any monitoring or reporting functionality, you are not making any specific data change to transport. Hence I dont think transporting from from DEV solman to PRD solman is possible using some CR.

But it is always advisable to configure the systems in DEV solman and check the config part. Once you are clear with the config part, manually adapt the same in PRD solman. I do not recommend connecting your PRD system directly. Your DEV or QAS should be a replication of your PRD, as per the general standard. So if it is working fine for your DEV and QAS, connect your PRD system to PRD solman.

Rajeev.

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not recommend connecting 1 system to 2 Solution Manager systems

You could see RFC naming conflicts with default created RFCs - even if you can name your own for some scenarios

other scenarios require specific default RFCs

The TST/DEV environment is exact as described - a playground to practice configuration - best to connect

Solution Manager TST/DEV to a mirrorerd DEV/TST of your PRD system and once happy with results re-implement the

customizing manually in Solution Manager PRD and your PRD system

Best wishes

Stuart

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lay,

In my opinion it's possible to setup above functionality only for SDCC, but not for Service Desk or ChaRM (for example). Because in sattelite system you can use different connection RFC destination, but you cann't do the same for ServDesk or ChaRM.

All depends on required functionality