cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Netweaver installation with MaxDB on a 64-bit IA windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am installing Netweaver CE 7.1 in Windows 2003. Out of the 35 phases , i am getting an error in the 13th phase. The name of the Phase is " Create Database Instance" . An error log is created and the details are as below :

Subprocess starts at 20091014155346

Execute Command : C:\Program Files\sdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n SGPSRV011 -d SMD -u CONTROL,******** db_start

Execute Session Command : exit

Subprocess stops at 20091014155349

Subprocess call failedERR

-24994,ERR_RTE: Runtime environment error

1,'SMD' has stopped unexpectedly, (view 'Application Event Log') (OS error code 11000)

This is the text of the error being displayed :

An error occurred while processing service SAP NetWeaver CE Productive Edition > Installation Options > Standard System > Standard System. You may now

choose Retry to repeat the current step.

choose View Log to get more information about the error.

stop the task and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/CE71_PROD_ADA/INSTALL/ADA/STD/AS.

I feel that this error has something to do with the settings in the MaxDB database. Can you please help which setting needs to be changed ? Both the Netweaver and the MaxDB are on the same 64-bit Itanium server and the OS is Windows 2003.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your max db database build, [https://service.sap.com/pam] and apply a patch if available. Also, you may want to log a problem on SMP.

Answers (0)