cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

significance Not and state

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In status selection profile BS42 after selecting any profile if we are go and check selection condition , here we assign status profile to selection profile.

Further in selection condition screen last two columns are not and state, what is the significance of this?and if we tick Not then what happens and if we don't tick it then what will happen with user/system status?

Any pointers.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you tick Not this becomes Active (State)

when it is not ticked then it is in state inactive (default)

basically when you tick then the NOT become active and the status selection profile does not select the status entered in that line and it could be either user and system status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agian

If suppose I defined one user/system status CRTD and for this NOT box is not checked and and in last column state is never active then if I am running the report what will happen?

And in second case have defined CRTD user/system status and NOT box is not checked and state is described as Active then if I am running the report what will happen?

Regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You use this selection profile in all reports where you see status button on top.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A System status can be active and not-active, for example go to Cj20N, create a project, then release and save it, again open the project, click the i button next to system status, you will see list of active status, and there are status which is inactive, to see those status click the filter button at the bottom, now it will say All status you can see both active status and inactive status.(here REL will be active and CRTD will be inactive)

Same thing is applied in Selection profile, Say you want to see the objects which has status CRTD inactive, then in selection profile, you must select not active in status column

i would suggest you to create a selection profile and check yourself with different combination, you will come to know.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can explain few things

for example you want to display all the WBSE's which has only REL status but not BUDG, so in selection condition first you give REL then next line give BUDG then tick not box. So when you run a report selecting this selection profile, System will disply only WBSE which has REL status, it will not display WBSE with REL and BUDG.

If you dont tick not box then system will display all the WBSE with REL and BUDG status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.