cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax calculation in R3, msg when creating SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in SRM 4.0 , Extended classic scenario. We have taxwre in R3 and we have configured our SRM system as per the configuration guide.

Now While creating SC we are getting a message as " You are not allowed to enter a tax jurisdiction code for country US".

Has anybody came across this prob.

Thanks,

Smita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

To make tax calculation run with taxware and tax juridiction code, look at following notes:

903259 Example: US tax calculation

881086 Country-specific tax calculation

811759 Tax jurisdiction code missing in ext/ systems transfer

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

Check out OSS Note: 436760 TAX. Specify a tax jurisdiction key

In SRM the BADI BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI is used to pass the jurisdiction code to the backend system.

-Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for the input, We have hard coded as per the note you have specified,

This way we are able to capture the tax rates in SRM. Requirement for the client is to have Jurisdiction code calculate based on Delivery Location,

For Example If Company Code belongs to California and person who is requesting delivery in New york then Shopping Cart should calculate New York Tax based on New York Jurisdiction code.

Can this be possible in SRM? Do we have to write any functional module in SRM to capture jurisdiction code based on delivery location instead of default plant?

Please advise

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have achieved the Taxware integration with the help of note 436760, also Tax is getting calculated. But still I am getting a warning message as "You are not allowed to enter a tax jurisdiction code for country US".

Can anybody help me in this.

Regards,

smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I remember, we used vertex. And any time it referred to tax jurisdiction code - it had to do w/ the field "county" - i'd make sure that the country/state/county data has been set correctly.

Hopefully this helps.

-Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay & Christophe,

Do I need to implement some BADIs as suggested by SAP notes (given by christophe). Can we do some setting in Standard SRM or R3 so as to achieve this.

Jay have you done some standard setting to set the country?

Thanks,

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know - I am not aware of any standard settings. Christophe's suggestion remains the best option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Where do you maintain Country/State/City/Zipcode etc to get the proper jurisdiction code? Is it at Requestor level or delivery address and/or plant level?

Please advise.

Thank you

Ritesh