Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MICR in Check printing in SAP SCRIPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to modify the check printing in SAP script. I have to add the MICR number at the bottom of the check, but i am not sure from where this value comes from, and how to print the MICr in the bottom of the cheque.

I was under impression that it will be like normal fields value to be printed in the botoom, but after searching the forum and the net I got to know we need MICR fonts installed ( thats is presetn in the system, checked),adn MICR code is 9digit(3 char as city,4-6 as bank code,7-9 as branch code), but still I am not able to track all these values in table REGUD.

Can any bodu help me out in this issue, as from where i'll pick up this MICR number and how to print in the cheque.

Thanks in advance.

Pooja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So just draft down an email mentioning your findings and get it confirmed.Becasue it can change depending from client to cleint.

Also ask for the mapping.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nabheet Madan

9 REPLIES 9

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ASK your client about MICR logic detail.Once oit is done then you can install the MICR fonts in SE73.Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nabheet Madan

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply, fonts for MICR printinfg is already present in the system, I have checked it.

Can you please guide me how to print this in the cheque---if I am not wrong then I need to create a windon in the bottom of the page with the font set as the MICR fonts present, and print the value of the MICr in the windo...right?

Are these MICR number logic varies from client to client , aren't they fixed or uniform through out?

Pooja

Edited by: Pooja Gupta on Oct 15, 2009 10:51 AM

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it will be good you ask the client for the same.Have you got any document which says its fixed..?

Regards,

Nabheet Madan

0 Kudos

No we haven't received any doc saying this...it is on the basis of the searches I have done . I came to this conclusion.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So just draft down an email mentioning your findings and get it confirmed.Becasue it can change depending from client to cleint.

Also ask for the mapping.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nabheet Madan

former_member187457
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use...

MICR fountd has to be installed in ur printer...

In MICR code u ll have to show these fields...

Bank number,,Acount number,,Check number

LINEZM<MI>C&regud-chect&C:C&reguh-ubnky&C:C&reguh-ubknt&C</>

insert C & : as shown and if MICR fond has been installed in ur printer then it will print micr code on the check....

Thnx

Rahul

Edited by: Rahul Keshav on Oct 15, 2009 4:43 PM

former_member187457
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

any update.

Thnx

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for quick reply...problem has been solved..client has given us te logiv for MICR...and font is already installed.

Pooja

0 Kudos

Pooja,

Can you let me know - how you have done this. I too want MICR to be printed in my check.

I can see in SE73 - there are 2 fonts related to MICR

MICR_C MICR CMC-7 magnetic ink font

MICR_E MICR E-13B magnetic ink font

How should i use this in my Script. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sen