cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceptions do not Display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any settings other than mentioned in help required for exceptions to show up.

I am trying to highlight "Variance" : Formula variable is more than the "Exp1" exception variable (value passed at run time eg: 2000). Then, highlight it with green

(good1).

This doesnt work. Since there are no errors I wanted to know where can I debug the exceptions to make it work.

Lookforward to suggestions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

In your exception setting, go to the second tab and see if you have changed the default setting (exceptions on Results) to All Values in the dropdown.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu, thanks for responding.

I couldnt find this setting in the second tab. I hope what you meant was in the Areas of Application of the Exception tab. Can you please be a little more specific, this needs to be displayed on Web Template.

Please suggest..

Thank you.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Did you create this exception on the web report, or is it set up in the query that is being used as the dataprovider? If it in in the query, check to see if the query execution in Bex Analyzer displays the exceptions.

What I was referring to was the tab called Validity Area of Exception (if exception is created in the web report you may not have tabs). Here make sure that "All" is selected, not "Totals only".

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

I have the exception on the Query in QueryDesigner which is used as a dataprovider to a table Web Item.

The exception is based on variables:

ZVariance (it is displayed percentage variance field eg:100.0% in the report) and ZCelmnt : (gives the costelement).

I tried to change it to " Everything" in the second tab then it works, but does not allow me to use a varaible. I had to pick :" Fixed Value" as that allows me to use variable for cost Element, which doesnt work.

For this exception (once it works in Query) to be displayed in WebTemplate is there anything particular I need to be setting up.

Really appriciate your help.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Sarah

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

I have used exceptions with Variables, and All / Everything on the second tab, and it does work.

For an exception (that is set up and works in the query) to be displayed in the web report where this query is a data provider, no extra setting needs to be maintained.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Just to make sure what I am doing is correct and I am getting it right :

I tested, it works with the variable on : "Exception Value tab" on Key Figure.

In the second tab : ( to define the variable for characteristic)

"Area of Application of Exception" -

-Default Operator used for all characteristics that are not displayed: "All"

-Characteristics: Cost Element.

- In the " Operators" drill down it allows me to a pick variable only if I choose operator as "Fixed Values" not "Everything".

ALso, just in case the requirement is that user shld be able to pass for cost element "A" in rows highlight Variance more than "10%" in red.Cost Element and variance is passed in URL.

Please suggest.

Appriciate your help.

Thank You.