cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping vs. ABAP mapping performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

do you have any experience or information which of the mappings is quicker?

When I think about it, ABAP mapping works like a DOM, while message mapping uses node queues, so my opinion is that standard message mapping must be quicker in all cases.

What's your opinion?

Or are there cases when ABAP is better (quicker) then MM? When I read the documentation I got an impression that ABAP mapping is only an option in case there are ABAP developers in the team. However I didn't find anything about the performance

Thanks, Olian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian ,

Do you have any experience or information which of the mappings is quicker?

Yes , MM ->JAva Mapping->ABAP-->XSLT

When I think about it, ABAP mapping works like a DOM, while message mapping uses node queues, so my opinion is that standard message mapping must be quicker in all cases.

Yes.

What's your opinion?

Comparing Performance of Mapping Programs

/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs

Very valuable and appropriate info, I guess . Happy Learning

Regards ,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAP mapping is a lengthy process to be defined also it requires a good amount of abap knowledge ... another factor is that it is not easy to maintain... message mapping thus gives you a much better flexibility....

in terms of performance, a well coded ABAP mapping is sure to give you a better performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP Mapping Programs are executed on the ABAP Engine of the SAP Web AS on which the Integration Server is running.

Access to the value mapping table is not supported for ABAP mapping.

Unlike XSLT ,Message Mapping and Java mappings, which run on the J2EE Engine

Resource consumption for the mapping depends on the complexity of the mappings and the source document sizes. In general XSLT mappings require more memory than mapping classes generated by the XI Mapping Toolkit.

Since mappings are processed by the J2EE Engine, the maximum available Java heap may be a limit-ing factor for the maximum document size the XI mapping service is able to process. Tests have shown that processing of XSLT mappings consumes up to 20 times the source document size (using identity mapping). The maximum available Java heap for 32bit JVMs is platform-dependent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would suggest the same , Message mapping will be the best compared to ABAP mapping

Regards,

Jude