cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding shipping and billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

scenario question:

i create a sales order for a 1000 qty, but i want to deliver 1200, can i adjust the quantity on the delivery document? will the system accept the change? and what happens with the extra 200 i want to send? how would i bill this? the billing document is based on the sales order or delivery document?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,you can assign the higher quantity in the delivery document than the order.

For this Goto T.Code "0VLP(Zero VLP)".

Select your item category.

Details.

Goto Quantity tab.

Enter the value as "blank" for the field "Check overdelivery".

Save.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which item category should i be looking for? also, what's the default setting for the delivery document? it won't let me deliver more than the order or it will?

also, what happens once i do enter more in the delivery document, how will it be billed? based on the order quantity or the delivered quantity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto "0VLP" T.Code.

Select your delivery item category.

If you maintain balnk then it will allow you to create the delivery with the quantity which is more than the order quantity.

If you don't want then maintain the value "B" here for this field.

Ensure that you have enough stock.

While creating the billing you should create delivery related billing by maintaining the copy control settings in "VTFL" T.Code.Then it will for delivery quantity.

Regards,

Krishna.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in Std Sales , Eg: OR - LF-F2,

by customizing the delivery item category, you can overcome this problem, & you can over delivery the goods than ordered.

while creating billing document wrt: Delivery document , then quantity will be copied from delivery & pricing from order.

where as, in case order related billing, eg: cash sales, system will pick the quantity & conditions from order only, not from the delivery. So in cash sales scenario, its not advisable to maintain the over delivery in item cat:BVN

Former Member
0 Kudos

here's why i need the option of over-delivery on the delivery document:

the client has a product it makes and has an understanding with his customers that at the delivery level he is allowed to deliver upto 2% extra than what the the sales order has and the customer will be adjusted accordingly in the bill. so, when i do put the extra quantity in the delivery, it will check to see if material is available for that quantity, right?

which delivery item category should i be looking at for the quantity?

thanks!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
can i adjust the quantity on the delivery document?

Though this is possible as already suggested and of course, stock is made available to that extent, what is the need to do so ?? As for as possible, please stick to the standard procedures which would be sale order quantity should always be either equal or less than the order quantity. Of course there are some exceptions in case of petroleum industry.

the billing document is based on the sales order or delivery document?

Your comments, I believe yours is a delivery based sales scenario in which case, you should maintain copy control for delivery to billing in VTFL.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi