cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Send step in Block step...in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All is it possible to maintain a syncrounous send step in Block step, please let me know how....we can maintain for request message and response message.

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ansewred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Its simple

Receiver- transformation -Block -

Sync step -

Container-----Block -

Final send

-

Exception -

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

Thanks for your response,

Thing is we need to keep sync send inside the block ..not outside the block.. so for response messages how can we configure the BLOCK ...

One more thing is we need to send the messages one after another.. not at time.

Srinivas

Edited by: sri_rambo on Oct 19, 2009 9:30 AM

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello..

Seems you have quiet a bit problem here..

Have you seen the BPM pattern

• Example: Multicast u2013 Multiple Receivers (with Response Message)*

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Check this and provide your comments (is this the scenario you are lookign for!!!)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rambo ,

Use a container operation and collect it

Regards,

jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh, Michale, Shabarish, Shravya.. and all guru's can anybody help me out on this.

How can we configure Block step when we are using a syncrounous send step in it( configuration for response message).

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes , its possible .

In the Block ( Depends upon for each or parfor each) the sync send step will work . Since its the sync step ( it will give the request and get back the response ) . If there is any error in the mean while you can raise exception branch .

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

Thanks for your prompt response, yes sync step will send requset and receive response, but the thing is when we defining this in a block how can we handle received response... in general in block, i m using foreach mode and i m getting options multiline.. current lins.. and end condition.. so i m filling with request message details.. but where can i define and handle the receive response message... hope you are getting what i am trying to explain...

@ Michale : i searched so many blogs in SDN but unable to find how to define a block for synchronous send step for response .

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Here you need to handle the exception if you receives the fault message for the response from the receiver..

and need to define the exception block for the same..

also check if the deadline can be defined in the send yn step for handling the deadline exception too..

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that the sync step needs to be split into Async Req and Async Resp steps when we deal with Block having ForEach mode....not documented anywhere but even Help shows examples in the above mentioned manner.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Its not possible to change the sync step as per our requirments we need to must to keep this sync send...

any other ideas..

srinivas...

Edited by: sri_rambo on Oct 16, 2009 11:02 AM

Edited by: sri_rambo on Oct 16, 2009 12:11 PM

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Hi All is it possible to maintain a syncrounous send step in Block step, please let me know how

of course it is - please have a look at any BPM blog - most of them show how to do sync step

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk