cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I install NW04s sneak preview with 256K?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can NW04s sneak preview full java version be installed on a computer with 256K? i know the minimum requirements are 1M, but has anyone installed it successfully on 256K?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk Miller,

may start the installation but it will be stopped where it tries to start the System. SAP System will try to start with 1024 by default(you can increase). In your case which is very less. Even if it installs on the less memory. The performance will be very bad.

Increase the virtual memory(usually should not be greater than > 4 times of RAM) and start the system(installation). You should have enough space on the harddisk.

<b>This should work.</b>

regards

Anand.M

Message was edited by: Ananda Krishna Marri

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirk

I've installed it on 512MB RAM.But performance was bad as expected.

Here you go the system requirement defined by SAP

At least 1 GB RAM, 2 GB are recommended

Operating System: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 3); Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1) or Windows Server 2003

NTFS-File systems

Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher or Firefox 1.0 or higher

Intel Pentium III/1.1 GHz or higher (or compatible)

14GB free hard disk space (8.6 GB for the installed software and 4.9 GB for the installer software

Link is here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/77317c8d-0701-0010-f093-ed3...

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Message was edited by: Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont understand ur question? what do u mean by 256K? NW04s sneak preview full jawa verson needs 1.5GB of ram but it installed on 512MB memory. I have installed with 512MB ram.

Regards

Subhash