cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer - Architecture related documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I went through the postings and the documentation available online but there are some unanswered questions w.r.to the architecture and the BI kit as there was no clear reference of the tool.

u2022 Architecture Difference between 7.0 and 7.1

u2022 Pre-requisites for deploying 7.0 (including BI Kit)

u2022 Pre-requisites for deploying 7.1 (including BI Kit)

u2022 PROs and CONs for using 7.0 and 7.1

I would like to know if Visual Composer would end up being part of the CE or NW2004s environment. If it is part of the CE environment is it ok to have the whole CE on the NW2004s environment in terms of installation.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding to the documentation - I have no answer..

Regarding "I would like to know if Visual Composer would end up being part of the CE or NW2004s environment. If it is part of the CE environment is it ok to have the whole CE on the NW2004s environment in terms of installation."

a. Visual Composer currently has two main versions:

1) the NW2004s version AKA Visual Composer 7.0 or Visual Composer for NetWeaver 2004s

2) the CE version AKA Visual Composer 7.1 and 7.2

the CE enviroment runs on a different engine than NW 2004s, therefore you cannot really install CE on a NetWeaver 2004s, it's a completly different installation and server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am still looking for some information about pre-requisites for BI Kit as far as Visual Composer is concerned both for the NW2004s version and CE version of Visual Composers are concerned.

Can anyone please let me know what are the pre-requisites to have BI Kit for Visual Composer.

Thanks

Dharma.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a separate installation for CE 7.1 EHP1 from BW.

Thanks for the input guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this link for architecture differences .

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx;jsessionid=(J2EE3417200)ID0415543950DB10868096554697785135End?rid=/webcontent/uuid/302613d4-c68a-2a10-6082-a897c7525313]

PRos and Cons:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/VCOtherTools]

for insatllation .

there is no separtae insta;llation requires for BI kit.

onece insatll the portal then VC will be addin to that.

user with which you are trying login to open VC should have the visual cmposer role

Regards,

Govindu