cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New e-Sourcing 5.0 Install - Error checking JDBC Driver version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently attempting to install an e-Sourcing 5.0 Patch Level E instance on a Windows system using Oracle 10.2.0.3 and WebLogic 8.1 SP4. e-Sourcing's installation and configuration complete without issue. The schema in the database is loaded with the e-Sourcing tables and data.

However, when attempting to deploy the ear file via WebLogic, I receive the following JDBC error:

Error checking JDBC Driver version. Detail: Error: found unsupported JDBC Driver name: Oracle JDBC driver version: 10.1.0.2.0.

The JDBC driver in use is from my Oracle install ..\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\jdbc\lib\ojdbc14.jar

I've also tried classes12.jar for versions 9.2.0.8, 10.1.0.2, and 10.2.0.1 but always receive the same error (...driver version: 10.1.0.2.0...) message regardless of the version of driver I am using.

Error Log:

*** Starting Frictionless SRM (5.0.00 E build 08-Apr-2008.16:46) 2009-10-14 20:33:40.656 local3  DEBUG   class=ConfigDatabase;server=CAGTAW804886;method=loadFromServletContext();thread=ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'  Cached weblogic.httpd.servlet.reloadCheckSecs=-1 from servlet context
2009-10-14 20:33:40.681 INFO    local3  ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System' Disabling logging blackbox support
Unable to start server: unable to connect to the database: oracle [localhost:1521:orcl (SAP/SAP)]:0 reason: Error checking JDBC Driver version. Detail: Error: found unsupported JDBC Driver name: Oracle JDBC driver version: 10.1.0.2.0. Exiting.

Given that the database is loaded with the tables and data I know my instance can connect to the DB. Does anyone know why the deployment would complain that the JDBC driver is incorrect? Is there a way to disable the check and complete the server startup? Is there only a single specific driver that is acceptable for this e-Sourcing version?

Thanks,

Greg

Edited by: Greg Stewart on Oct 15, 2009 3:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was tracked down to a ojdbc14.jar found in the WebLogic installation.

Replacing ..\bea\weblogic81\server\lib\ojdbc14.jar with the jar used during the e-Souring installation resolved the issue.

Edited by: Greg Stewart on Oct 19, 2009 11:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue still persists after many many re-installations. Has nobody encountered this issue before?

The installation has occurred on multiple systems now with no change in the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is still occurring.

The Supported Platform documentation indicates that the Oracle JDBC thin driver 10.2.0.1.0 is the supported driver. I have tried both the Classes12.jar and ojdbc14.jar for this version of driver.

What is odd about this error is that it always displays the same message and version #, no matter what version of driver I use.

"found unsupported JDBC Driver name: Oracle JDBC driver version: 10.1.0.2.0" (I execute setup and configuration each time I use a different driver to ensure the ear file is updated)

I have also tried using a different Driver Class path. The installation guides for 5.0 and 5.1 indicate Driver Class as oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver. I have also tried oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver for a few of the versions with no success. I still receive the same error at the same point.

If anyone has run into a similar situation any suggestions or tips to resolving the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg